Wednesday, February 15, 2012

“Half of being smart is knowing what you’re dumb at.”

I have a feeling I'm turning into every other Mommy blogger out there, because every time I sit down to make a blog post, all I can think about doing, is complaining about the cartoons I watch with Evelynn.  You may have noticed, but I'm super cynical.  So I have all of these observations about the craziness that is these tv shows.  And the life inaccuracies they show.  Oh and the attitude of a lot of the characters.  But then the other day, our home visit nurse sent me a link that the government uses to test kids intelligence levels (ok that's not the pc term but I can't remember it right now.)  Anyway Evelynn tested at age 3.  I was blown away.  Some of the things they were testing I know I didn't teach her.  I mean we just sat down and learned the motions to itsy bitsy spider and I got exhausted after six minutes.  After our lesson deteriorated into just me singing and Evelynn dancing I flipped on Nick Jr for her.  Suddenly I found them teaching her some of the things I tested her on earlier.  There went all my critiques.  But if we are taking a moment to let me be an ass, seriously, what do I need to smoke to understand Yo Gabba Gabba?

Love (that TV can help me be a better Mom/Teacher),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.