Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.

Well hello there, its been awhile.  Let's pretend I've just been at it all along and save the apologies.  I feel like that's most of my posting is coming on and apologizing.  Ha.

So sick babies are no fun.  And being the stay at home mom is no fun when it happens.  First of all, you tend to get sick yourself.  So you aren't feeling so great, even if you don't get it, you are seriously sleep deprived and worn out from being up all night trying to figure out how to help the little one feel better or at least be comforted enough to sleep.  And there is something sucky about being the stay at home parent, you feel like its your duty and obligation to stay up with the baby and not disturb your working spouse.
I know everyone tells you to take care of yourself so you can take care of the baby, but I can't make Seth take off work, and I don't want to have him get sick too. 
I feel this intense pressure to upkeep the house and chores too, especially when she is sick.  I want to point out that Seth does not put this pressure on me, it is all self inflicted. 
But it sucks, and I just want to say so. 
On top of all of this, I decided to wean Evie before her first birthday.  So we have been working on that this week and it totally sucks.  I'm in so much pain.  The plus though is that Evie seems to be taking it very well and it doesn't seem to upset her too much.  We have also started making her take naps in her toddler bed.  She is pissed when she wakes up, but she really doesn't mind when it happens.
Other than that, which trust you me is a lot, we aren't up to much here!  Just wanted to say I miss you all!  Hope things are moving along in your world happily!
Love (checking in),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.