Thursday, December 2, 2010

If you believe everything you read, better not read.

In our house, December brings about an event that I try to get psyched up about, but about halfway thru the task, I crap out and wonder why in the hell I agree to do it every year.
And that event is our cookie plates.  First of all, it takes us forever to plan it.  Then it takes FOREVER to make all the cookies.  After that it takes us forever to deliver all the cookies.  And I really think most people don't even LIKE our cookie plates.  Besides Seth's family, they always eat them all and enjoy them.  And the people at Seth's work.  Most everyone else complains that we are making them fat, or these are the fifth cookie plate they have received, or that they don't like one of the cookies.  One year we had someone complain about the way we decorated the cookies (ok fine, that year I got a little spikey towards the end of decorating and started making inappropriate cookies, but they were FUNNY)
Anyway we have our cookie day scheduled on Saturday the 18th of this month.  Hopefully we tone it down this year, but Seth is super crazy about it.  He likes to do it because it reminds him of when he used to do it with his Grandma.  And like me, he is a food pusher, and likes to see other people enjoy the food he makes.
So anyway, since Ellen does 12 days of give away's, I guess I'll do 12 days of bitching about Christmas.  Ha.
You know what would make this all better?  Snow.

Love (pushing food),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.