Monday, December 6, 2010

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.

I'm not the person you want to sit next to in church, if you are serious about church.  I crack jokes, comment on the message, and generally act like a twelve year old.  I'm not sure why I do it, because I like church and I listen to the message, I just think everyone needs my rolling commentary apparently, like an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Apparently my daughter has inherited that trait.  She hollers out "WOW" and "WOAH" at completely inappropriate times.  Sings louder than everyone.  Crawls under the pews.  Tries to deface Bibles.  Pulls out every piece of paper from the racks.  Generally everything she can to appear like a heathen in the eyes of the Lord.  But she is cute so she gets away with it. 

Some of you have wondered, and yes, we are still cos-sleeping.  It is working really well for us, and I can't tell you how comforting it is for both her and I to have each other there.  I've tried multiple times to kick her out and it hasn't gone well for either of us.  So we will keep at it, at least until she can talk me out of sleeping in her own bed every night.  Ha.

Evie has a new toy my parents bought her, its a fat overstuffed cat.  My brother named him Spencer Catt (a play on Spencer Pratt, the reality douche) and of course she loves it and is dragging it around everywhere.  She also got down the SHHHHH noise, so she points at it and says "SHHHHHH" which cracks me up.

We have to get her a new car seat because she is too long for hers.  We will probably get it on Friday.  I don't know what kind to get though.  Of course every review I read says you should get the three hundred dollar one, but who can afford that?  I just had my parents buy new tires for my car, which I'm slowly working off.  I can't believe how expensive tires are!!!  We really needed them before the winter, I would be a nervous wreck without them and driving with Evie.

I don't say it enough, but I am truly blessed to be able to stay home with Evelynn. I can't imagine putting her in daycare everyday.  I know I give Seth a lot of crap about working so hard and so late, but I need to remember he's doing it so that I can stay home and try to teach my kid to leave the bibles out of her mouth.  Evie and I are two lucky ladies for sure. 

Well I'd better get ready for the Advent Tea at church tonite.  Evie and I are going to practice NOT being a heathen so we don't embarass her grandma.  :-)

Love (my heathen baby),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. babycatalog.com has Britax seats for a little cheaper and you can usually get free shipping. I ordered both of my Britax seats there. Matt complained a lot about the price, but I told him it was about safety and they really are great seats, really easy to use and the straps are so nice and thick. I had a roundabout and then a marathon, b/c I wasn't ready to put Brett in a booster yet, b/c he has always been in the 10th percentile of weight, so I figured he could use the five point restraint longer.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.