Friday, March 21, 2014

“And the danger is that in this move toward new horizons and far directions, that I may lose what I have now, and not find anything except loneliness.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

I've noticed I watch the clock a hell of a lot more now than I did before.

And the clock moves slow.

Lukas hasn't been sleeping in like he was when we lived in my parents basement in a room with no windows and room darkening curtains on the french doors.
I always thought in my dream house, our bedroom would have french doors.  I know now that I have absolutely no need of french doors.  Zero.  They let in too much light and in the dark they reflect images that make me pee my pants a little.  So no, no more french doors in my dream house.  And french doors with curtains that cover the windows is completely counter to the purpose of them.  And tacky.  Besides the point.

I'm not a "light" person.  I'm very much a fall and winter person.  I like my days overcast and grey and my nights as pitch black as it can get.  I've been reading up on Colorado Springs and apparently they have 300 days of sunshine.  Fuck.  My third investment in the new house is room darkening curtains.  My second is a sectional for the living room, and my first is paint to cover up the HORRID pumpkin accent wall in the kitchen.  There are very few things I hate more in this world than anything pumpkin.  People who diddle and kill kids is above pumpkin on that list, but not by far.

I do a lot of thinking about a house I've only seen once for 15 minutes.  I feel like its another one of those rush decisions, like the money pit (aka Olive Street) that we may come to regret.  I hope not, but the fact that I don't even know how many drawers are in my bathroom scares me.

I'm obsessed with the mountains.  Its the one thing that makes me exceedingly happy so far.  I only wish that we were surrounded by mountains, not just the mountains on one side.  I want to innate my facebook with random mountain pictures, but as of yet, I've refrained.  Mostly because I only have seen one range of mountains on a quick walk with the kids, otherwise I haven't left the hotel since we arrived.  Hopefully we get out and about this weekend.  That is, if my husband ever comes home from work today.  How in the hell is it only 5?!!?

Love (mountains and darkness),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.