Thursday, March 27, 2014

“being alone never felt right. sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right.” ― Charles Bukowski, Women

So today is the first day we go out and socialize, see other people.  Of course its people from Seth's work, so I'm sure we will be drowning in work talk and I will get horrible bored and be the only person paying attention to my kids destroy these people new house.
We have our own little community of ex-pats here, transplant from LM Omaha to LM Colorado Springs.  It seems though, that I'm the only wife stupid enough to get talked into living in a hotel room for 30 days with my tiny humans.

The room by the way, has taken on a funk.  I like to blame Seth for it.  One night we discovered the coolers really didn't "Keep things cold for 5 days!" as advertised so boldly on the giant stickers that no one ever takes off.  Why don't we take those off?  I went to take ours off and Seth looked at me like I was crazy.  What is there some kind of secret man instructions on there?

Anyway, we scrambled to rearrange the freezer to save the expensive meat that was more important than the frozen meals I was using.  Seth decided to cook cookies, then he decided to bake some bacon.  So our room has smelled terrible since.  That and the fact that we brought our own GIANT trash can but conviently forgot the lid.  So we have an open air trashcan, that admittedly, gets emptied once a day, but in 500 sq ft and one shit filled diaper and the weird cookie/bacon funk, means I've got the heat on and the windows open.

Also I am exceedingly grateful that the movers refused to pack the aerosol air fresheners from my stockpile and Seth just threw the box in the back of the truck.

I realized today after the maid came thru that she must think I have OCD.  We have our own vaccuum, and entire rubbermaid with cleaning supplies, a box of aerosol air fresheners, and gobs of hand sanitizer and hand soap.  I also pick up the room before I leave to make sure she can get clean whatever it is she is cleaning.  I mostly do it for the fresh sheets and towels.  Today though I was annoyed that there was still obvious small people kisses and hand prints all over the closet mirrors.  I know you have windex, and if you don't, there is a rubbermaid half full of it right there.

What week am I on anyway?  This is week three, right?  Right?  What do you mean barely week 2?

Love (when loneliness feels good),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.