Monday, March 24, 2014

“Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors.” ― Khaled Hosseini

I long for a door.  I mean it.  I never want a door and maybe a couple of feet of wall more in my whole life than I do right now.  Living in a hotel is hard, its harder when its basically one big room and the only room with a door is the bathroom and its cold and there are questionable spots of paint and caulking in there that I am sure are hiding mold.  Also the only place to sit is the toilet and the seat shifts out from under you in an effort to pinch your ass.  So at 7 in the morning when my husband leaves, it stirs the boy and within a half an hour he is awake.  His new style of waking up really pisses me off.  Its like he is still tired but his brain is awake so he has this fight with himself, and subsequently me that includes kicking and screaming and crying and carrying on as though his ass is on fire, when it clearly is not.  Nothing annoys me more.  Especially at 8 in the morning.
Sidebar here-I'm aware there are some kids who are even worse than mine and get up at the o-ass-crackery of dawn.  I pity you, I do.  But not really.  Because that is your kid and that's how your kid rolls.  My kid does not roll like that, usually.  One of the perks of co-sleeping, and let's be honest, its my top perk, is that your kids sleep as long as you do because they pattern their breathing and their REM around yours.  So I guess in effect, I've sleep trained my children to sleep in.  The fact that they are not doing what they are supposed to is seriously pissing me off.
So Lukas' little dramatic fit leads to me having to get up and eventually, leads to me doing things that wake up Evelynn.  God Bless her, if there is one part of me that Evelynn got it is the ability to sleep until 1 if I let her.  And like her mother, Evie isn't exactly pleasant.
So until about 12, we all sit around starring daggers at each other.
I long for a door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.