Wednesday, April 2, 2014

“The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you.” ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Today's post is about Lukas.  I realize that I completely neglected his story in my years of missed blogging.  This is Lukas:

Well at least that was Lukas when he was born.  But he still has that button nose and those blond eyebrows.
Wait I'll show you:



He like his sister was an early walker.  And since we co sleep, he's also a pretty good sleeper.  He was sleeping thru the night at about a month.  I can't say about how co sleeping makes me a better mother.




Lukas' birth was pretty minimal on the drama, not like Evie's.  I had to actually labor with Lukas which sucked big fat donkey balls.  Give me an induction and epidural straight to the vein when I walk in any day.

Lukas is so different from Evie.  I always thought gender roles were taught, but Lukas is all boy, its almost scary.
He runs head first into things, he is rough and tumble.  He likes high fives and  hugs only when he is tired.  he's already refusing to hold my hand when he walks.  
Lukas has the best smile and the brightest eyes.  He loves his sister and wants to do and be everywhere she is.  Much to her chagrin.  He isn't too much of a cuddler but he loves a good head bonk.  He also loves to eat about 12 times a day.  We joke that he is on his fourth dinner when he heads for bed at night and asks for a string cheese or cracker.

I've been writing this post for three days now.  I feel like I just can't capture his spirit and my incredible love for him and its madding.  Writing is so maddening sometimes.

Love (my boy),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.