Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Hi Friends,
Things are quiet around here. Finally. It feels like we had been on the go since Friday. Friday my good friend Whitney came over and helped out with the baby while I made dinner for Ty and Holly. It was really fun and good to catch up. Ty and Holly came over and we had a great dinner. I love when they bring dessert because its always amazing. My skills stop after cupcakes and chocolate sheet cake. They brought the most amazing chocolate peanut butter pudding cups. Mmmm I'm all drooly just thinking about it.
Saturday we went to our family reunion at my aunts house. It was really fun. We didn't stay super long, but long enough to say hello to everyone and pass the baby. Evie did so good with it.
Sunday we bummed around the house and then decided to use some of our baby gift certificates to get Evie some more educational books and toys. It was fun taking her shopping. She really enjoyed looking thru all the toys and playing with them. I really like reading the books to her. I wanted big books with lots of colors and words because I didn't want to get bored reading them. I picked up Baby Einstein's 365 days of learning book and it is really cool. It has lots of different types of lessons and pictures and words. I might be enjoying it more than her!
Sunday we got a late night request for a member care meal. Monday I made that and delivered it and then stopped by my parents since we hadn't seen them all weekend. Then we came home and tried to help Seth do some things I can't tell you about because my Dad says so and get things done. Seth did something I can't tell you about because my Mom asked me not to. I was supposed to have dinner with my brother but he got a migraine. My mom stopped by on her way home and played with the baby so that was a little break at least. Tomorrow one of my cousin's is visiting my parents so I'm going to have dinner there.
Seth is doing something I can't tell you about either on Thursday because even though I'm being a brat about it, my parents are right, I shouldn't tell you and then Evie and I are going to attempt to go to Jesus Camp in Grand Island for the weekend. I am looking forward to it, but am super nervous about how Evelynn is going to do. There is a lot of classroom time involved with Jesus Camp and I just can't imagine her being really good for that. Especially because like Nurse Carol says, she is a loud active baby. :-)
Alright well since I am not getting any baby relief tonite in the form of Seth, I should probably catch a shower while she is napping! Maybe I'll be back later tonite to wax poetical about how I teared up when I pulled her NICU quilt out of the closet today for her to play on.

Love (my loud active baby),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.