Friday, July 23, 2010

Knowledge is power, if you know it about the right person.


So I'm the worst Mom ever. My kid was standing up in her crib, on the front rail, and it was so cute I tried to take a picture to send everyone, as I normally do, and while she was giggling she got all excited and started sliding, and before I could catch her she smashed her eye into the side rail. It was horrible. The bone under her eye started turning black and blue and then red. I called the doctor and they said to come in. She screamed and screamed. I gave her some tylenol and tried to put an ice pack on it but she screamed even more when I did. After talking to Seth and my Dad, I called the doctor's office. They suggested I come in, just to check it out. We went in and everything was okay. Thank GOD.
Something interesting happened though, in the middle of my first child injury-I started panicking really hard and I was on the phone with my Dad and he said something like "its time to grow up and be a Mom now Carrie, calm down and take care of your daughter". As soon as he said that, it was like a switch went off and I did. I calmed down and took care of her. I've always wondered how my parents were some calm and in control in situations like that when we were kids. I know my Mom usually ended up breaking down much later, either in private or when we were better. Now I know, it's just another one of those parenting skills that kick in and dominate.

While we were sitting in the waiting room, there was this little girl with a snot nose running around the chairs. As soon as she saw Evie she lit up, little girls love my daughter. Maybe it's because she is small like a doll and will stare right back at them when they stare. Anyway I was trying to be nice to this little girl, even though I wanted to kick her germy butt to the other side of the room when she reached out to touch Evie. I looked around for her Dad who was busy texting on his phone. When he saw me look around he just goes "Ava" and goes back to texting. We must have went thru the song and dance six or seven times. Like seriously dude, your child does not care if you say her name. Get up and get your damn kid. Or at least get your snot nosed kid away from mine. What is the deal with that?

I have to decide if I want to go to a wedding in Lincoln on Saturday. I just don't want to be there all night and I want Evelynn to be good. I also wish she didn't have a giant black eye. Sigh...

Well friends that is all I have time for. Hopefully you all have a great day! I'll be back when I can!

Love (auto parenting skills),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.