Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lies are like children: they're hard work, but it's worth it because the future depends on them.

Hi there blog readers. I'm killing time before Evelynn and I head to a family wedding with my parents.
Aunt Kathy stopped by today and played with Evelynn a while, so I could get ready. Its crazy how you can barely put on chapstick when you have a kid. My kid has permanent ants in her pants so it is near impossible to hold her unless you are using two hands.
I have grand plans for the next ten days, hopefully I can get all my blu ray's from Netflix watched, I have a ton of girly movies to watch. Pam is supposed to stop by and watch one or two of them with me.
Well I started that post yesterday and as you can see, I didn't get to finish it. It's now a day later. Evie didn't do so well at the wedding, so we had to come home early, but the night finished off nicely because my parents stuck around and we watched a movie together and put Evie to bed.
Lately I've been having to do things after she goes to bed, which still doesn't make me want to put her to bed any earlier. As soon as she went down tonite, I started laundry, picked up her toys and put down a fresh quilt for her to roll around, drool, and generally gross up tomorrow. I folded her laundry, and started steaming the squash my mom gave me to make baby food from. After much internet research, I've decided to leave the skin on, even though it is warty and gross, after a through washing. I also left in the seeds. Tomorrow I'm going to go over to my parents and hopefully someone can help me figure out my kitchen aid attachment for the baby food maker or veggie strainer. Then I have to bring it home and freeze it into ice cube trays and put it in bags and throw it in the deep freeze. Carol says she can have yellow fruits and veggies. Maybe tomorrow I will get some apples, carrots, and pears to try to while I have the help. My parents have a much bigger steamer insert for their pot than I do.
I can't wait to start green veggies, but I think that is at like nine months.
Anywhoo, it's super late. So while things are steaming I thought I'd drop in and say hello, since I don't do that much anymore.
Today I took Evelynn, because it was cooler, to the park to have her first go around in the swings. She LOVED it, but I knew she would. I recorded it on my phone and sent it out. I was sweating like no one's business. When we left the swing I had this big idea to go for a long walk afterwards but Evelynn hit her mouth on the stroller trying to eat the tray and was crying so we hightailed it home, but hopefully the weather stays reasonable and we can get out again.
I've also started putting her into her exosaucer more, since with the help of a pillow she can scoot herself around to different things. She just gets bored with that really quick, so I put her in there if I have something quick that needs to get done, like picking up the laundry or something.
Let's see what else can I tell you while I'm rambling incessantly?
I've recently started watching "The Glades" on A&E and I really like it.
I have so much stuff on my netflix streaming I would have to become and invalid to actually watch it all.
Most excitingly Pillars of the Earth is on there and I'm super jazzed about that.
I miss work sometimes, mostly the interactions with people, the stories they bring, and the ability to zone out and write a blog for an hour and be hilarious.
Now you just have to hear stories about how I turned my back and the stroller was in the street before I knew it. Apparently our driveway is sloped. Who knew? Oh and that the strollers come with this thing called a "brake" that you are supposed to use when you stop it. Who knew? Oh responsible mothers? Who are they and how can I join that club?
I want a Chevy Traverse. I know, I know, I just got a new car, but I'm planning for the future children that the state will take away.
I just let all the water burn down in my steam pot, so now the house smells like burnt squash. Awesome.
I'm drained...can you tell?
Oh and I broke my favorite tweezers someone gave me in college and I went to buy a replacement pair and they were 22 dollars. Holy Crackers. No way I can spend that much on tweezers, even if they are amazing and can get the smallest hairs and the eight dollar replacement pair I bought sucks in comparison.
I've completely regressed on co-sleeping. I missed her.
Sometimes I wake her up in the middle of the night to eat just because I don't want to get up and pump and I'm afraid my boobs are going to explode. If I pump anymore milk there won't be any room in my freezer for french fries, cheese, pizza's, and baby food.
And of course I can't throw it away because it's liquid gold.
I need to ask Nurse Carol if she has a "mama" that can use this formula in my pantry that I got free samples of, I have like six cans of it and I will never use it.
Alright friends I'm going to bed. That's a lie I'm going to watch Torchwood on netflix and then maybe to bed.

Love (rambling into the night),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I started both my kids with green veggies b/c "they" say that those aren't as sweet, so the babies don't get used to the sweet taste right away. Everybody has a different theory, but it's fine to introduce green veggies anytime after you start solids. Just start with one food for three days to make sure there isn't a reaction, and then you can move on to a second food for three days, and then a third and rotate around. I put my peas and green beans through a strainer before I froze them though, b/c they have the skins and strings that don't quite get puree'd. Just in case you didn't want to wait another 3 months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.