Thursday, July 1, 2010

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself.



Hi Friends!
Last night my Dad pointed out that it sucks when your baby grows up, because Man, that is what my kid is doing in leaps and bounds and I'm kind of sad about it. But happy. Its a weird mixed emotion.
She has started trying to roll over, she sleeps by herself with no problem. She is talking and playing and soon she will be driving away in a red car like her Mommy.
But like my Dad says, if you are lucky, your babies never really go away.

Saturday my parents are having a Brew and View for Evelynn. It's kind of a fun concept. You show up, drink a beer, see the baby, and have a good time. It's a take on the southern "sip and see". My mom got the idea from her good friend Pam T. I'm excited to go, and hopefully Evelynn will be in a good mood. It's at her good time of day and as long as she gets a nice nap and some good boobage, she should be mildly pleasant. You know how she can get with stranger danger.

We don't have any big holiday plans besides that. Seth really wanted to get some of the house honey-do's done before I have to call in my brother so we can actually move, but it looks like he is probably going to have to work most of the weekend. I really don't mind it much anymore, he is usually gone while Evelynn and I are napping anyway.

See I'm not sleeping so good at night without the baby, which is so wrong, but I constantly worry about her. So I get up every half hour or hour and sneak over and use a book light to check on her. Because I'm a a freak.

Evie has her four month check up tomorrow and I'm super nervous. I'm afraid the doctor is going to give us hell about her being underweight. Nurse Carol isn't worried and wrote us out a chart to show the doctor that she is consistently gaining from week to week. Plus she gets shots-which...boo.

Alright I'd better play with Birdie before she flies this coop!

Love (watching Evelynn grow),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.