Thursday, August 5, 2010

Advice to writers: Sometimes you just have to stop writing. Even before you begin.

I'm currently blogging to you from the sanctuary of my bathroom, even though I can hear my child squealing outside the bathroom door, and her father trying desperately to entertain her and not bother me. He is such a good husband. It would be more effective though if he was singing her Disney songs and not trying to tell her what he did at work today, because I don't even understand that mess, and I know some of the words he is saying.
Poor Husband though, he is seriously getting burned out on work and travel. He needs a vacation. He is starting to break down. I told him if he gets to go to DC for like a week we would love to go with him because I would love to spend the afternoons at the Smithsonian again. I went with my Mom and Grandma ages ago when my Mom had a work conference there. These days she takes my dad on all of her travel assignments.
Anyway like I was saying Seth is running on fumes when it comes to work. He spent Monday and Tuesday at home sick with a sore throat, which sucks for us because its not like he is doing something enjoyable like hanging out with us or putting this damn house back together so we can move sometime before we have our next kid. It will probably take us that long to sell it.
What I really want is to take our honeymoon to Mexico, but I know there is a better chance of tap dancing pigs in my bedroom than that happening any time soon.
Evie is crawling backwards. Its hilarious and concerning all at once. I suppose if I was learning how to crawl and I had never done it before going backwards would seem safer than falling on my face trying to go forward.
We have a busy weekend. We used to have a busy weekend as a family but we lost Seth to work. This weekend we have the Sarpy County Fair for my Mom and football starts Sunday!
I've officially decided to root for the Bengals. I wish there was time for me to get a Dhani Jones jersey or something. I priced one on NFL.com and WHOA.
Anywhoo I'd better get in the bath before I losing my "me" time. Hope you all are having a good week!
Love (listening to Seth talk to Evie),
Carrie

1 comment:

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.