Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If a thing isn't worth saying, you sing it.

Evelynn vs the Bengals

So Evie loves the cats. More than they know. If she could she would pull out all their hair and put it in her mouth and bury her face in their bellies. And use their tails as a tether to keep her from falling over.
Lately Bagheera has had a screw loose or something, or finds himself excruciatingly in need of attention and while we have been playing on the floor, he comes over and weaves his way in and out of Evelynn and I, and tries to crawl on my lap with his razor sharp claws.
And he has been tolerating the hair pulling and the tail yanking and the high pitched screeching of excitement that the cat is ACTUALLY LETTING ME TOUCH IT!!!
(By Evelynn, not me, I'm mostly like OW GET OFF ME!!)
He cautiously approaches us, he doesn't like when things are out of place, so he doesn't like when the toys have moved so he tiptoes in and checks things out, jumping back a few feet when Evelynn tosses a ring in his way. Then he methodically weaves in and out of us, stopping only when Evelynn gets a hold of him.
Willow is a watcher and a cuddler. She will watch from very high up and if Evie makes an unpleasant noise she will jump down to investigate and maybe pass on a kitty smooch to distract her, but quickly run away once the sweaty little fingers come wiggling her way. When Evie is eating she likes to come and cuddle up next to Evelynn keeping one side of her warm and getting in some good strokes on her soft fur from me. But as soon as that baby wakes up she peaces out fast as lighting.
I think they like her. Maybe, just a little bit.

Questions I'd like answered by Evelynn or things I'd like to tell her

Why must you slobber all over the remotes and cell phones when you have perfectly lovely toys right next to you made for being slobbered on. You will crawl across the bed and pull yourself up the ottoman to get to the remotes but you cry when a block you just want to throw behind you is out of your reach.

Exactly how easy do you think you are making it to change your diaper when you roll over onto your stomach and wiggle away?

This new whiny talk-veto.

No one wants to read the emails you type.

Mommy is not a jungle gym and you are not a baby monkey, so there is no need to hang on me when I am playing on the floor with you.

Why do you always have to act like a terrible child when we are at your grandparents?

I know the only reason you like going to the store is so old ladies and creepy men can say how adorable you are.

Do you think the kitty likes having her tail pulled?

Must everything you see go in your mouth?

Slobber kisses are cute...the first time, after that they are just gross. Especially on the mouth. No one wants to french kiss you...yet.

Evelynn's a Swimming Fool!

Evelynn had her first experience in a public pool yesterday. I thought we were headed for disaster. I went to walmart and bought a too small swimsuit on clearance, black of course, and loaded up the kid and went over to my parents, my Mom was going with us. Uncle Jesse surprised us by shaking off his vampiric ways and joining us. Evelynn loved it. She stayed in until her skin wrinkled. I'd bet she would swim everyday if we let her. It made me miss having a pool. I forgot how nice it was.

Fin

That's all from this side of the world! Hope you are having a marvelous day!

Love (the coming of fall temperatures),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.