Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

I like making lists. I get some sick satisfaction from it. I however don't really get any sort of satisfaction from actually doing things on the list or checking them off. I just like making them. You know a list I have made a ton of times this year? Shit for my husband to do so we can sell this house and move into a bigger house. Poor guy can't get around to doing any of it. I have to have my dad and brother over to do minor hold together repairs. He's about five steps away from work burn out. He's going to need to take a week off before his brain explodes or he just goes into a coma for five days to get a break. Of course it would be nice if he could not go into a coma and put my bedroom door back on-but hey, I'm not in charge of his unplanned unconsciousness.

I may have forgotten to water my neighbors plants yesterday. Oops. It was hot and the batteries died in our thermostat but we didn't know and so we were just laying around thinking it was getting hotter and hotter outside and the air conditioning couldn't keep up. Finally Seth went to check it and realized why we were laying on the floor from heatstroke and Evelynn fell asleep where she was playing. So I got the gumption to go water today and Seth and Evelynn came along to talk to me. All of the sudden Seth handed me the baby and started pulling the neighbors vine weeds. I was horrified. When I told him to stop he told me that "this guy" was the reason he had to pull weeds in our yard. I'm sure the 70 year old man is really secretly out to get all of our lawns and shrubbery with his vine weeds and not because he can't bend over to pull them.

I was just looking at my deodorant bar and they had a website to go to for lady speed stick, except I read it lady's peed stick.com And for a second I was like, well that is totally inappropriate, maybe its an error and it is the website for their pregnancy tests. Then I was like "oh."

Speaking of deodorant, in Seth's bathroom I keep a bar too except it is Degree deodorant and the slogan for that is "extra strong to combat your emotional responses" and I find that totally offensive, I'm sure Seth's deodorant isn't worried about his emotional responses. Should I be rubbing this shit on my eyes so my tears don't get out?

I'm hiding in the bathroom because Evelynn woke up and my arms hurt from lugging her angry teething self around all day. I hear Seth outside the door trying to drop hints that I need to come out because she "wants" me but I think Seth just wants to go back to working out. Fat chance! Now he just told me I should probably wait to get in the tub because of the storm. HA.

Okay I'm going to read my parents kindle for a while, at least until my legs fall asleep. Hope you all are having a superb week!

Love (having my emotional responses combated),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.