Monday, August 30, 2010

Think not that you can direct the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy will direct the course for you.

I think Evelynn is teething which is decidedly not fun. I told her last night that getting teeth is just the start of life long drama. Teeth suck. Dentists, oral hygiene, falling out, wisdom teeth, cavities, it never ends. Even if you are on a hot streak of avoiding the dentist for four years now (my longest is seven). I firmly believe there is some kind of racket going on in the world of dentistry. I can't possibly have any teeth left to fill. I once had a dentist try and tell me what was bothering me was my wisdom teeth even though I ad them removed years before and they clearly were not on my xray.

But back to Evie. Her teeth hurt. I've been trying a variety of things and suggestions. We probably have forty dollars worth of various teethers and we tried a couple of home remedies. Nothing seems to really work though.

I also think she is suffering, like most people who live in Nebraska from allergies. Is it me or does allergies feel like a new thing that everyone seems to have? I don't remember my parents having it when I was a kid and I certainly don't remember having it. The only people I knew who had allergies were people who were allergic to cats and obviously I didn't hang around much with them since my family is decidedly a cat family.

Anyway back to Evie. She gets the sneezes and red rimmed eyes and a red nose and pukes up snot every now and then. Nurse Carol believes that is what it is but wants us to confirm it with Dr. Vann before we give her anything.

We get to see our proofs on Tuesday! Hooray! I'm super excited.

Other than that I'm pooped. I think Evie and I will take a nap.

Love (napping),

Carrie



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Hyland's Teething tablets? They are at Target and Wal-Mart as well as other stores, and are homeopathic. I never thought they helped much with Brett or Krista, but other people swear by them. Brett never got cranky or even drooly, he just pooped 7-8 times a day. Krista drools constantly, and gets really cranky. I've only tried them once on her though, I kind of forgot about them. I would give her ibuprofen if she seemed really irritable. She didn't pop a tooth through though til 8 months.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.