Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ask your child what he wants for dinner only if he's buying.

I think I got fired from Member Care Meals. They sent out an email Monday asking for help, and I responded IMMEDIATELY because this was my big shot-I was going to try and do the main course. I was all psyched up, ready to go, and I even got out a healthy cookbook and started having ideas. A couple hours later I got the "here is doing what" email and I wasn't on the list. WTF!?!?!? They also emailed that they still needed a salad. So I emailed I would do it. Still nothing. Hence, I believe I was vetoed out of Member Care. It is totally justified. My salad attempt was total shit. I literally threw old lettuce, some nasty salad dressing my Dad pawned off on me, and some mandarin oranges since I didn't have anything else to put in the salad and called it an Asian salad. I thought I was being quite clever, but apparently they caught me. What do you do when you get kicked out of doing good deeds?
What does that say about my cooking?
I think it says I need to stop watching Top Chef and coming up with crazy ideas. This is a church group in the midwest after all, and these are people recovering from surgery and grief and such.
We have such a long week ahead next week. I almost don't want to do it. Monday is Evie's pictures and I'm nervous and excited and crazy obsessive about it. I think I have bought like sixteen outfits for her. And she is learning how to sit up, so of course she keeps smashing her head and face into things. It's like she wants to look like an abused child for these pictures.
Alright this is all I have time for, plus I just got power vomited on...
Love (to go one day without puke),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.