Monday, April 19, 2010

Trying something new

Hi blog world!
So I'm trying something new. I'm blogging from my phone. Remember how I complained about how cumbersome the laptop was and how hard it was to balance a laptop and a baby? Well half my day is spent farting around on my Carrieberry because its easy to hold and I can look at my gossip sites and Facebook and twitter. My qwerty keyboard typing skills need work though! I'll count this as practice.

So let's see what can I tell you about? Well Evelynn is coming along. We have a nice little rhythm going. I hear though that baby rhythms only last about a week or so because baby's change so fast. She is awake more these days and making fun noises and reacting to us. She loves when Seth changes her diaper. Which is wierd. Its funny though because he calls her ladybits the "no boys allowed zone".
I'm ecstatic to report that I have lost all but five pounds of my baby weight. I gained about forty. I really wasn't trying which I know makes you want to punch me in the face. I want to punch myself in the face for saying it!
I kid you not breastfeeding really does help! I think I read that I burn something like three hundred calories every time I make milk. My kid eats A LOT. Which is hilarious because she is so tiny. People can't believe she is only six and a half weeks and weighs nine pounds. Their disbelief is starting to get annoying. So first there is the whole imitating a cow thing. Then, even though I don't have it anymore, I've stuck to my gestational diabetes diet. Its hard to be forced to eat a certain way for your health and then all of the sudden switch back. I don't eat an entire bag of steak fries anymore. But I do revert to old habits at pepperjax and taco bell. :-)
The last thing I've been doing, on and off depending on the weather, is take Evie for a walk around the neighborhood trails. She enjoys it and usually nods off and I am really loving the blooming trees and fresh smells of spring. I wish there was someone to go with though. Pam is going to try and make it over now and then after work, but she is on her feet all day so its mean to make her walk too.
Let's see what else? Hubby is working hard to save the world. He did some exciting stuff at work last week but was literally fried by the time the weekend came he could hardly get up the gumption to do anything but watch TV and sleep. Which was fine with me since our DVR was on overload. I'm proud to say it is clean as a whistle. Castle, Criminal Minds, and HIMYM were all stellar and I've seen enough Ghost Adventures to keep me from sleeping for the rest of the year. Destination Truth was great as well but how can it be the season finale already? No fair!
Seth has Friday off and is working from home today and it is nice to have him around to change the random diaper and retrieve random items I either would have taken forever to get or just gone without (like juice and water).
I'm attempting to attach some pictures to see how that works. Two are from our walk yesterday and Seth picked Evie a flower for her ear. Luckily the Bradford pear tree flowers are the perfect size! The other is my Pops when Evie stayed with them last Saturday. Its the picture he sent me so I would know she was doing ok.
On Sunday I got a wild hair when I discovered we had ten bags from the vets. They just came Thursday of last week and I gave them two bags. I'm terrified I'll be on hoarders one day with about forty five cats so I try and give a bag every time they come around. Apparently with pregnancy and Evie I've missed the last ten times. Seth was snoozing with Evie in the comfy chair so I took the opportunity to sort thru. Six bags later I'm confident I won't be on hoarders this year at least.
I'm starting a book called "Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety" by Judith Warner. I'm still on the zoloft right now which I'm fine with. Weening off it safely is a process in itself so I'm going to stick with it. But maybe this book will give me some insight. I'll let you know.
Alright I'd better pick up the house. The cleaning service my mom got me comes tomorrow! Yay!
Okay here is hoping this mobile blogging works!

Love (for this to work),
Carrie

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.