Thursday, September 23, 2010

Being a woman is a terribly difficult task since it consists principally in dealing with men.

Happy Hump Day all! I had a really nice day, well late afternoon really. Evelynn's Grandma Busch came down and we visited and played. I gave her some recipes I cut out for her and we talked about various things we tried and wanted to try. Then we went out to Five Guys with Uncle Chet and had a good laugh at Evelynn eating french fries (or I guess I should say ketchup with french fries since the ketchup was all she really cared about-something I learned she gets from her Dad) and lemons (because I'm mean) and puffs. Then Janet called me when she got home and told me that I was really a great Mom and she is just so proud of how Evelynn has advanced and she can tell I'm doing a great job. Which made me all warm and squishy inside, because not only is it awesome to hear that stuff, it's even more awesome to hear it from your mother-in-law.

Evelynn's first taste of meat
As many of you seasoned blog readers know, I'm a vegetarian by choice, going on almost 20 years now. I have no qualms or anything against meat eaters, and if our kids choose one way or the other, I certainly won't begrudge them. For some reason people constantly ask me if I'm going to give Evelynn meat. And the answer is yes, I plan to let her have it and if she likes it she can eat it and if not she doesn't have to. I'm not going to be one of those clean your plate Mom's because Seth is INCAPABLE of not cleaning his plate and he swears it is what made him fat and let's face it America has a problem with portion control. ANYWAY so Evie was playing in the kitchen while I cleaned off her tray from snack time or as I like to call it: "Let's see how much fucking puff slime we can get in various places and on things that are hard to clean" It doesn't help that the cats think the puffs are cat treats and try to snatch them and make the mess worse. Anyway I got Evie clean and sat her on the floor and started to clean up her mess. Bagheera (the prince of the household) gets a can of the worse fishy smelling wet cat food a day because he loves it, he has anxiety issues, and he makes HORRIBLE noises if we don't give it to him. His food is served in the dining room on a mat, because he feels the need to make an even bigger mess to eat it. So I'm talking to Evie and I swear I turn my back for one second and somehow she has gone all the way around the outer walls of the kitchen and into Bagheera's cat food in less than 20 seconds. And she ate it. And I almost threw up for her. She smelled like cat food the rest of the day. Even after scrubbing and washing it down with juice. I wonder if this will affect her desire to eat meat? All I know for sure is that it is going in the baby book.

Anniversary gifts
For our anniversary we got a four inch memory foam mattress topper. I was pretty excited because we had been planning to get this thing for MONTHS since my best friend got one and said it changed her life. But the sale timing was never right and then Target stopped carrying the one I wanted and the biggest one around town I could find was 2.5 inches and that just seemed lame. Finally Walmart started to sell a reasonably priced 4 inch one. So I got that for our anniversary and Seth got ANOTHER Transformer (that brings his collection of giant honking Transformers to at least 15.) When we moved into the house I successfully negotiated the Transformers out of our bedroom (CREEPY) but I noticed the other day when my stacks of books started to deplete all of the sudden they started to be replaced by Transformers, in particular the airplane models. I decided then that I needed to go back to the bookstore and to tell Seth to get those damn things off my bookshelves and take them to work. Anyway we have a SUPER bed and now it is even greater because of the memory foam topper. Thanks honey! Now if I could just get the two cats, the baby, and the husband out of there it would be a PERFECT bed. That or just some good 50 degree weather for some duvet snuggling with the family.

Nighty Nighty
Alright friends, busy day tomorrow, lots to do. Not really but I would like to pretend that I'm going to bed and not going to stay up all night and watch "The Reader" since Seth refuses to watch it with me and is giving me crap about holding up the Netflix Que. I mean Prince of Persia and Robin Hood is out, what am I thinking?

Love (memory foam),
Carrie

PS I promise to leave the format of the blog alone for at least a week, but seriously, how funny are the new pictures? And I have to change the background because sometimes you can't read the font very well when I caption the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.