Thursday, September 16, 2010

The most dangerous strategy is to jump a chasm in two leaps.

As I type from the confines of my "safe" zone (i.e. the bathroom) I can hear Seth trying to get Evelynn to say "Dada" or "Daddy" or any other remote variation of the word. Yes it's true, Evelynn now routinely calls for her Mama. And it pretty much makes Seth feel like a schlump, although I don't know why since I'm with her 24/7. But still, in between her squeals and giggles, Seth is tirelessly drilling her to say his name. It's like Destiny's Child with Wyclef up in here. Circa 1999. Yes that was a very random pop culture reference. You are welcome.
So I have SUPER exciting news. Hat tip to Seth's lovely co-workers who read the blog HI ALL YOU POOR PEOPLE *waves* I only have to listen to him chatter on about work maybe three hours a day, you guys get it ALL DAY LONG. I pity you, I do. Maybe you know what he is talking about half the time. I don't. But I make a hell of an attempt to make him feel like I do, or at least that I care to listen. Most of the time he just needs to do what I call "talking it out". If he can get it out of his head and try to explain to someone, he tends to solve his own problems. I have a very tried and true method of ensuring that he thinks I understand by zoning out just enough and repeating words or phrases back to him randomly to make him think I am listening. I love him, I do, and I wish I had even a CLUE of what he was talking about. But I like to think he does the same thing when I tell him about my theories on what is going to happen on Grey's Anatomy this year. It's called MARRIAGE.
So anyway because I'm a whiner, and I forgot Seth's co-workers read this blog (OH MY GOD he is so embarrassed by the way. He's totally afraid I'm going to talk about things he doesn't want people to know, like the fact that he doesn't snore, BECAUSE APPARENTLY HE'S A FUCKING Princess and Evie and I and the cats keep him up all night with our snoring) so they made magic happen and he's going to be around Monday for our anniversary and he is banned from working!!! HUZZZAAHHHH!!!
Now if I could just get him to take a real non working vacation, we might be in business. :-)
Thanks guys (and gals!)!
Evelynn and I had a great day of cuddling. She must be going thru another growth spurt or just taking after me all day but we spent the whole day cuddling, reading books, and snoozing.
Alright I'm so excited for fall TV to start next week, I'll try to get up for you tomorrow what I'm watching and trying out this year. But I'd better get a shower before Evelynn realizes that dude trying to explain to her why it is not condusive to knock down what he is trying to build for her and teach her about sound structures is NOT "mama".

Love (the power of the blog),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie...I read the blog and made our project lead insist he stay home with you for your anniversary! :) :) Enjoy your day with your hubby! :) Hope to meet you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so excited to spend the day with him, even if he did spend the first part cleaning cat pans!
    Seth says we will see each other in Orlando! I can't wait to meet everyone I've been hearing about!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.