Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.

So the good news, I'm back on the food committee at church! My mom swears I was never off of it, but I'm not so sure. Anyway I think I have redeemed myself in the salad department. The bad news, for some reason the requests for food this week are LARGE.
Jesse and I went to Sam's and dropped two and a half bills, and for some reason I grabbed the bag of shredded salad, which I had told myself I wasn't going to do anymore because even though it was uber cheap and the lettuce was perfect...for about two days, if that. But for some reason I felt moved to buy the lettuce. That night I got a request for salad for 8. So someone must have been talking to me up there.
Then today I got a request for a funeral, but just cookies...only 4 dozen. Who died? Jesus?
I just finished banging them out, and then re-read the email and realized I made them a day early. Shit. Oh well, as long as Seth and I don't eat them all before Thursday, we are golden.

I have bad news about Bagheera. The baby is giving him anxiety, and he is peeing on things. Pretty much everywhere AROUND the cat pan. I really don't deal with cats who pee on things. After some google-diagnosing, I've decided he has anxiety because Evelynn has become increasingly mobile, including chasing him down the hall with her weirdo half crawl (which looks suspiciously like Bagheera walking). So today I went to Petco to get him some kitty drugs. Now he is wearing a funky collar and has some drops to put in his food. I also got him some special treats and some more wet food. Hopefully that's enough to have him stop peeing on things or else he is going to live somewhere else. Maybe the garage. Or the laundry room. Stupid cat.

I'm excited for fall tv to start, although none of the new shows are really jumping out at me. I'm DVRing a few of them just to see what's happening but I'm not counting on any of them to come thru.

Seth and I's two year anniversary is next Monday. I have nothing for him and he will be out of town. He says that our trip to Orlando in November will be our celebration but he is going there for work, so I can't imagine it will be much of a celebration. Is it wrong to wish your husband would get moved to a different project so you can see him more? I mean, it wasn't very fun when he was working on a project he hated with people he hated. But it's almost as bad when he is working on a project that he has a passion for with people he likes. Then he feels committed to make the project its very best and to not let the people he likes to work with down. Which means that he works insane hours. For example he went in at 7 this morning and as I write this, it is 7:41 pm and I haven't heard from since noon when I called him to ask what kind of cat litter to get. By the time he gets home we will have about four seconds to eat, and he will have about five seconds with the baby, and I'll bet you money he wants to work out which is an hour and a half of more time not with us, but time he thinks he needs to relieve the stress of his job.

But who am I to complain, I spent most of his money today and made 4 dozen cookies, right? Right.

Exciting! Blogger has put up this thing where I can see all sorts of interesting stats about my blog. I have 29 followers now too! Woot!

Alright well I'd better pay attention to the little one. Hope you all are having a good week!

Love (being back on the team),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.