Wednesday, September 15, 2010

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

How do you like the redesign blog friends?
It feels like Evelynn is going down to play by herself for while so I thought I'd share some of my random daily thoughts, because I miss you bloggy.
Yesterday I had lunch with my Mom and a lobbyist and I got all dolled up and got the baby looking and smelling cute. I was so excited to have intelligent conversation. Of course I go in there and flub it all up by talking about Kanye West on the VMA's.
On the way home I stared longingly at a guy who had his music bumping up at the light. I remember when I was the one bumping at the lights. Now I'm like, turn down that music you are hitting my kid's ears! And oh, is that the new Nelly? Nice.
I had this discussion about stay at home mothering with my husband last night. I think I would feel better about my decision to do it if society and the government supported it more. Basically, as awful as it sounds, I think stay at home mom's should get a stipend. I mean I'm not expecting to make bank here but a couple hundred bucks a month would be nice. I don't know how Mom's who are on formula are doing it! The lobbyist I met the other day went on and on about how being a stay at home mom is the hardest job. If it's the hardest job, why does society not respect it as much as say, someone who is a social worker. I don't know, I'm just rambling here.
Okay friends the cats are fighting and Evelynn is trying to get involved. Bagheera is obviously feeling better on his new drugs. He is more lovely, wants to play with Evelynn more and lets her just smash him with her love.

Plus she just crawled into my lap to cuddle, and I can't miss out on moments like that. Maybe that's my stipend. Works for me.

Love (cool fall days full of baby cuddles),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.