Tuesday, September 28, 2010

There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.

Yeah, there is a reason you have openings
Right by where I turn to leave our neighborhood and get on one of the main thoroughfare streets there is the world's scariest daycare in someone's house. The grass is all overgrown and there are nightmare induced lawn ornaments and gnomes. The house is all raggedy looking and stuck randomly throughout the yard are hand made signs, that look suspiciously like real estate signs that hell's minions absconded with and put poster paper over and used finger paint to make. It really makes me uncomfortable. I really want to march up there and check it out for child services and ask to see their license. Today there was a new sign that said "Lot's of openings!!" and even I knew that grammar was wrong. It took everything in me not to pull in the driveway and knock on the door and say "REALLY? Really."

Bread...attempt 1
So I'm going to attempt to make THIS bread. I don't have a dutch oven though, so I'm going to try and use the way he suggested in the comment section if you don't have one. Hopefully it will be super easy and I will be able to use the recipe without purchasing a fifty dollar dutch oven because that is what they are running. Seth wouldn't let me get one last night at Walmart. I would say that I might put it on my birthday list, but I think I'm going to try and get Lady Gaga tickets for my birthday. They go onsale Thursday, she is coming to Omaha in March. Anywhoo, I have my trusty assistant in her bumbo and my kitchen aid, so it may not go badly at all.

College football
I don't like college football as much as I like pro, but Seth pointed out that we hadn't seen a lot of our friends in a very long time, mostly because he has been working like a mad man. So I'm throwing together a little Chili/Soup/Bread party for people to come watch. Hopefully my bread turns out!!

Love (to think out loud),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.