Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.

New Fall season review
Okay so here is what I thought of my TV watching this week...because I know you care...
Sunday:
The Glades- Would they finally let the two main actors come together, I hate all the give and take and waiting for them to get it together, trust me a show will not die because you actually do what you have been building up to. You die because you don't, look at Gilmore Girls.
Mad Men- I have no idea what is going on. At all. It's getting too arty for me and I hate Betty. Am I supposed to hate Betty?? I liked it better when I was just scared of Sally and was hoping Betty would start having an addiction to pain killers or start taking "diet pills" which were really doctor prescribed meth.

Monday:
Chuck- Very good comeback. I was enthralled the entire show. PS they just signed Summer Glau (Firefly nerds, which this household is enthusiastically-rejoice!!!(
The Event (new)- Ehhhh, it officially has one strike, even if it does have Luke from the Gilmore Girls. I wasn't ever really into Lost, I don't like not knowing what is going on half the time and this show felt like a poor man's Lost, plus it has Luke from Gilmore Girls, but he plays a scary pilot trying to kill a bunch of people. And his hair looks painted on.
Mike and Molly (new)- LOVED IT. Seth actually watched it too and we were laughing so hard. We realized why at the end of the show, the guy who created it is the same guy who does Big Bang Theory. Seth says it is as if Family Guy came to life and I think its a King of Queens with a less annoying female lead. Plus it has a Pushing Daisies alum (the mother) who I love. I could live without the sister. The cop partner is hilarious though.
Castle- Could this show get any better? Nathan Fillion you are my favorite guy on TV. Amen.
Pawn Stars- Seth wants me to tell you they filmed this in Vegas when he was there because Bob Dylan was playing at his hotel.

Tuesday:
Glee- Cute concept in the beginning with the summer recap, but then what the hell happened to my show? On a different note, WHEEE Cheyenne Jackson! My first ever Broadway play I saw on Broadway was "All Shook Up" staring him and I have been in love since. In fact he was one of the first people I knew that had a blog.
Raising Hope (new)- Ugh. This was so bad I gave it two strikes.
Life Unexpected - More weird annoying decisions from Lux, but still a pretty good start to the season. I'm sad Bug is gone though, he was nice to look at.
Parenthood - Just when I thought that this show could not get anymore awesome, Clayu has a line like "I don't recognize your bullshit MC" and I am talking about it all week.
Sons of Anarchy- More great lines and the storyline is moving at a good pace. The thing I really like about this show is the characters react to situations realistically and well within what you expect from their characters. For example, just because Jax is mad at his Old Lady doesn't mean he goes off and bones someone just for a storyline twist, he's loyal, its a hallmark of his character (I'M LOOKING AT YOU GREY'S!)
Teen Mom (don't you judge me.)- Amber and Catelynn get on my nerves so much I sometimes fast forward thru their segments.

Wednesday:
Undercovers (new)- Eh. One strike. I'm not connecting with the characters at all.
Criminal Minds - Another example of shows going off the hinges and out of character for storyline twists. Writers we like the characters just the way they are. People have been killed in front of Morgan before and he didn't go all Robocop like he did this episode. What the hootenanny?
Law and Order SVU- Well done, I liked the carry thru of the characters between the two hours.
The Whole Truth- Loved this, even if it does have leads from two of my favorite canceled shows, Abby from ER and Epps from Numb3ers. I really liked that they showed you what the truth was at the end, I just thought they would show both sides.
Top Chef Just Desserts - Eh...some of the Chefs are getting annoying and the challenges are starting to stretch it.
Top Chef - Best news ever! There is going to be an all stars episode in December and it has a lot of my favorite chefs!

Thursday:
Big Bang Theory- Great episode. Way to come back strong and in a new time slot! I like the Penny/Sheldon interaction. That being said the B line story blew. Really? Robot masturbation? Who called it as soon as they say the robot hand?
Bones- I like the way they brought back the team together and didn't make a big deal about Angela and Hodges being pregnant. I hope they keep it that way
Destination Truth- I wish they would focus more on the paranormal and creatures that actually have a chance of existing. I mean as soon as they said they were going to Africa to look for a long lost cat man eater I was like "Didn't Val Kilmer do this and die?"
Grey's Anatomy - Parts of this episode I liked, others...not so much. I like that Avery is becoming part of the inner circle. But a lot of what is going on is out of core character. I mean I know trauma does crazy things, but really...some of it just doesn't feel right. Like Izzie not calling or even coming back. And Bailey pushing away the hot guy from Eli Stone (Eli Stone...sniff, I miss that show.)
Ghost Adventures- Okay here are the parts that scared me: Zak's uber pointy hair, the random old lady scream, the giant picture, Zak's strange muscles on his forearm, Aaron in the Christmas room. That is all.
Blue Bloods (new)- I haven't watch this yet, but my parents have (holy crap! I never get beat by them unless I'm not watching the show) and they said it was good. It has Donnie from NKOTB in it so how can it not be? I'll follow up later this week when I know more.

Seth thinks he can dance
So Seth was in Chicago changing planes this last trip and he saw a choreographer from SYTYCD. Sonja! He told her we "appreciated" her work. Which is exactly what my husband would say. I'm glad I wasn't there or else I would have been so nervous I would have told her I saw her vagina once when she did the air splits which is why I have never even attempted air splits, mostly because I can't and partly because of the whole vagina expose that could happen.

Our little cuddle monster
Evie is getting cuter by the millisecond. She has spent most of this weekend singing us songs, dancing for us, barreling back in forth on the couch in between Seth and I while we watch TV and football. Snuggling in the duvet, crawling so fast we can't keep up with her, throwing her hands in the air during the FloRida song "Club can't even handle me" and Taio Cruz "Dynomite", flirting with random people in stores, getting some of the cutest clothes at baby gap, and modeling her pj's for us all. It's hard NOT to love her, even when she is putting a cat tail in her mouth.

Lovely dinner
We had dinner with my parents tonite to celebrate our anniversary with them. The food was really good and Evie was a doll. Then they came back to the house and played with her for a little while. Mom brought her some used library books she got on sale (which makes me feel less guilty when she eats or tears them. Then Mom read to her while she sang a song and she played her piano for Dad. She got super active and then had a hard time going to bed so it's one now and she snoozing with Seth. Seth is just happy to be in bed and I'm happy to take a nice long bath and read my book "Saturnalia" which I haven't decided what it is about, besides a mystery novel set in Roman times.

I would walk 1000 miles...
Tonite I spent 99 dollars on new shoes. I can't even comprehend that, mostly because they aren't the coveted pair of Ugg (or Ugg knock off) in the darker caramel brown color that I have been dreaming of wearing all winter (I've decided to embrace comfort full bore and hope to have knock off knee high Ugg's in tan, black, and caramel for this winter-ha, fat chance I know right? I'm going to have to get a hooking job to get all of those!) But I got a new pair of walking/fitness shoes, those retones by reebok. So we will see how those work out. Pam told me some of the people she worked with had them and they hurt their ankles. I was going to get a knock off pair at Payless but I figured that's not really something you should tempt. Seth agreed and we picked them up today along with his other two suits and more baby gap clothes for Evie, including an impossibly cute baret/shrug knit hat. I'll have to take a picture when it's clean.

Time to soak the soreness
I'm off to the tub to read! Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Love (Warm fuzzy boots in the winter),
Carr

4 comments:

  1. I thought Raising Hope was pretty funny. It's popular with critics and viewers too, but I think they have to be careful to keep it fresh, so it doesn't turn too cliche.
    I really like the Whole Truth, interesting take on things. I'm glad they don't leave you hanging, they give you, YES HE DID IT at the end.
    I skipped Event, but DVRed the rerun because the critics seem to like it.
    Top Chef Desserts is wearing on me, those are some seriously unstable people. And Gail is awful.
    Some you missed, Detroit 187 was good, Chase was AWFUL, Hawaii 5-0 was bad writing and acting, but has Daniel Dae Kim and Scott Caan, so I'm gonna give it another try, and the critics are hopeful. My Generation was mediocre, but since it's c/o2000, I'll give it a chance. Running Wilde was blah. There are a few more that the critics liked that I didn't bother with, so might seek those out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parts with the baby, like this singing totally made me cry, but the main character bugs me, and the grandma. I just wanted them to be a LITTLE less white trash. That's what I watch Teen Mom for. Haha
    Yeah what is it with the people on TCJD? Are there no normal dessert makers? They all seem wound way to tight, and they cry A LOT.
    I wanted to see My Generation, but it conflicts with my DVR recording!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I can't stand "Christopher" (that is the only way I know him, from his character on the Sopranos) I think he is a terrible actor and one of his eyes is wonky and it's exacerbated in HD so there is no way I could ever watch Detroit 1-8-7. But my parents liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, my husband won't watch Detroit 1-8-7 either, even though he's from that area, because he hates Michael Imperioli for his Tequila ads. I have no strong feelings about the man.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.