Monday, September 20, 2010

Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.

It's anniversary day!

In with the old, in with the new

So this weekend Seth and I read thru some of my old blogs and somewhere along the way I forgot I used to do paragraph headers and Seth said they really helped the blog along and he missed them, so I'm bringing sexy back. Wait I mean paragraph headers. So there it is.
Also Seth has been encouraging me to take my funnier blog posts and try to make them into a book. So I've been trying to find a way to get all my blog posts into a PDF with the pictures or at least a Word document. Bar going thru one at a time (as of today there are 430 of them), copy and pasting them into a word document, I don't have any brilliant ideas. There is this website that will make it into a book for you, or a pdf for 7.95 but of course the man I love says that's a lot for something I can do myself. Apparently he still thinks I'm at work and have all the time in the day to dink around on the computer.

I'm slow to post
So of course I started this post yesterday but then all sorts of other things happened. Most excitingly, I got to spend part of the day in the hospital because I have been having dizzy spells. Of course they couldn't really figure it out.
Of course I want to the vagina doctor to find out why I was dizzy. Because I was dizzy and wasn't thinking. I have always went to the Olson Center for "Women's" health, but apparently that doesn't cover if you are dizzy. However they did address the rash on my boob from breastfeeding. Both cases they were like, we aren't sure, try this. What the hell?
And of course we had a lovely experience with a student. he did most of the exam and consultation. He was SUPER good looking so I was all about letting him see my boobs. Rash and all. His name was Ben. I like to think we are friends now. Although Seth and I had a few weird moments with him. One was he asked me if anything was coming out of my nipple in regards to my rash (which is no where near my nipple) and I went "Besides the breastmilk?" the other was when he was telling us about head injuries he randomly says "Last year when I got mugged, we I had some dizziness and it felt like I was drunk walking". We just kind of sat there for a minute, like what the fuck do you say to that? Finally I said, "That blows, getting mugged."
Then he brought in Dr. Hibbert from the Simpsons. No really, this guy looked and acted just like the guy. It was hilarious.
Why are all my doctor's visits comedy? Probably because I let the students in. I let the student nurse do all of my vitals, she got yelled at a couple of times for dinking things up. When she weighed me I almost cried and made some jokes but she didn't respond. How do you politely tell the students they need to work on their people skills?

I scream, Evie Screams, we all scream for ice cream
After we got cleared from the doctor, we went and Seth picked up some stuff from his work. (of course, even when he is ordered to stay away from work he can't) and then we went over to Dollar Tree because I had a project I wanted to work on for Evie (more on that in a hot minute). Then we went to Verizon where Seth almost threw his phone at the lady in there, so we had to leave. Then I went over to the used baby junk store and got Evelynn a cute little car (more on THAT later). After all that we headed to Olive Garden because remember when I "watered" the neighbor's plants? Well I found out what I thought was a 10 dollar gift card was actually 25 so we used that for our anniversary dinner. It was funny because we were both starving and Evie fell asleep and so both of us barely talked to each other thru dinner because we were so busy shoveling food into our mouths trying to finish eating before Evelynn woke up. She ended up waking up at the very end of dinner and then she just wanted to play with her food and drink some of my raspberry lemonade. (Really spellcheck? There is a "P" in raspberry? Who knew...)
Then we went to Cold Stone for ice cream because I had a coupon. I got the new oreo filling ice cream and OH MY GOD. It is amazing. Luckily I'm smarter than Seth and I ask for like four kinds of ice cream, one at a time and the scoopers don't really know how to measure the ice cream accurately so I always get a TON of it. In fact I ordered the "like it" and got enough ice cream for the "ours" to go container. I justify it that I have to share with Evie so I can get a lot.

Fun things for Evie
So I noticed when we were in the doctors office, Evelynn really liked the shit they hung off their ceiling. Lately its been a helluva chore to change her pants or anything involved with the changing table because she squirms around and pulls herself up to see what is going on. Anything but laying on her back, GOD FORBID. So I went to Dollar Store and got some wall art and wrapping paper to put up on the ceiling in fun colors and some cut outs from the teacher section. Hopefully it helps. They had sheets of the stickers you can put on the wall for a dollar so I got TONS of those. I just redid my bathroom with bamboo reeds. Maybe I'll post a picture.
I have been looking for something to give Evelynn to push on when she walks around, hopefully to get her something to balance on and start walking sooner. I only encourage it because she hates crawling SO much. So we went to the used store and I got her this little push car that converts to a walker. She LOVES the car. But of course she has her Mother's princess genes and demands to be pushed around in the car. She will go over and sit on it and then put her feet up and start humping the handle to get it to move. She squeals with delight and then tries to get us to chase the cats around (as if I don't have enough problems with Baggy's anxiety). I also got her some foam letters that were for the bathtub but she likes them out of the tub more and we just do letters and she puts them in her mouth, no harm no foul, unlike the flashcards which get soggy and gross.

What I WANTED to post about on my anniversary
I wanted to do a cute little interview with Seth for a blog post on our anniversary but I couldn't find a good set of interview questions. So if you all have any, leave them in the comments or hit up the email and I will ask him. Here are a few I tried to ask him,
Me: Were you nervous to ask me to marry you?
Him: No, you were nagging me about it for almost a year so I knew you wouldn't say no.
Me: Shut up, I might have said no.
Him: No you wouldn't, you really wanted to marry me.
*Discussion descends into a fight about if I really would have or not, ending with him being right and me admitting it begrudgingly.*
Much later...
Me: What was the best part of this year for you?
Seth: Having Evie and getting to work on *super secret work project named withheld*
Me: Okay, I meant about with me.
Seth: Watching you become a Mommy.
Me: That's not really about me, that's about me and Evie. But ok. Why was that good?
Seth: Oh because I was worried you would have problems with it, but you didn't and that was good.
Me: What did you just say?
Seth: No you are a great Mom, I mean, I didn't have doubts you would be, but you used to worry all the time that you wouldn't so it was good to see that didn't happen.
Me: Okay but we don't say those kind of things aloud around the kid-ok.
Seth: Why, you said it.
Me: Oh Jesus. How long until you have work travel again?

So my own interview questions weren't working and I couldn't find any in google land besides pre marriage counseling questions. Any help my readers out there have would be most appreciated.

And I'm out
Alright the kid is awake, and demanding to be taken in her chariot to where Bags is hiding.
Hope you all have a great day!!

Love (being a pusher),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.