Friday, October 15, 2010

About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends

Today's quote was brought to you by Herbert Hoover.  Not to be confused with J. Edgar Hoover, who was the head of the FBI and a cross-dresser.  Allegedly.  Herbert was a president and he hated FDR, thanks wikipedia!

Halloween
I got two sets of really good coupons to Target's photo studio and I have been thinking of taking Evie there and getting her picture taken in her Halloween costume, but like my Dad says, do we really need more pictures of Evie?  Well professional ones anyway.  We always need lots of pictures of Evie. 
I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween.  On one hand it, I love that it signals fall is here and I like the colors and the weather and the costumes and most of all, the CANDY.  On the other hand I hate the kids that are like 45 and trick or treating and the people who ruin the spirit of it all with meanness. 
Most of all I hate Haunted Houses.  Seth has been trying to get me to go for YEARS now and I tell him that if he drug me to one of those that would constitute a divorce.  I have friends that love going to those things and making an event out of it every year.  Not me.  You can forget to mail me that invite, thanks.
Every year I want to have a scary movie marathon.  But then I get scared and chicken out.  My best friend Pam taught me this trick, when things start to get scary, fall asleep.  So that is generally what happens.

Back on!
Did I mention our trip to Orlando is back on?  I'm pretty excited.  I hope Evelynn does well!

Flu-poo
I made the mistake of getting Evelynn's flu shot this morning so she is pretty miserable right now.  I'm going to go rock her for a couple hours and sing her hymns.

Love (vacations),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.