Monday, October 11, 2010

We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities.

Hi blog world!
I hope you aren't too mad at me about my self imposed censorship.  I did it for my daughter and my sanity.  Politics are not very nice.  It's like government sanctioned and protected bullying.  I realize people need to know the truth, but it should stay in the political arena and not stretch to a person's family or their personal beliefs, if I joke about wanting to quit motherhood on my blog because its been a hard day and I'm frustrated and using my blog as a outlet, it shouldn't come back that I'm a terrible mother who would easily abandon my child at the drop of a hat.  That is just not right at all.  My Mom isn't running a dirty smear campaign and it sickens me that they have resorted to this.  And I'm sorry you dear readers, have to suffer too.  Bare with us, its only like 22 more days. (That is a guess, evil reader minions of my Mom's opponent, it does not mean that I don't care about the campaign or I don't even know what day election day is because I don't know anything about the constitution because I went to DOD schools, it is a guess because I have a seven month old sleeping on my lap and I have approximately 15 minutes to write on my blog before she wakes up and we go on a walk, so I didn't have time to count the exact number of days.)

Anyhoo, on to more light hearted topics.

Vacation, all I ever wanted
It sounds like our vacation is canceled.  Seth is really upset, his group isn't going to the conference in Orlando anymore.  I'm back and forth with my feelings.  I WAS really upset last night because, as readers who have seen the archives know, I LOVE space.  I dream of the day space is like a tourist trip where we can go and maybe I can live on the moon.  Because Lord knows I'm not getting there with my math smarts.  Oh sorry, detour, anyway I checked to see if we could visit the Kennedy Space Center while we were in Orlando because we missed it last time we were there for our trip to Disney World.  I found out, for the second time in my life, I would be in Orlando for a space shuttle launch and would not be able to attend.  WOE IS ME.  If I got to attend something like that, it might be the third most awesome thing to happen to me in my life.  It would be one of those things that Seth suffers thru, bored to death because he thinks the space program is wasteful and that there has to be a better way, a way using renewable energy sources to launch something into space.  So he spends most of the time thinking of ways to fix the space program and I spend the time oohing and awwing like he would if we were at the secret IBM lab or something.  Anyway I found out that tickets were already sold out.  *pouts*  Even worse is there is like four more space shuttle launches left before they retire the shuttles.  So one of my bucket list items will never be achieved.  BAH!


Things I'm working on for my return
I'm going to do a blog staple 101 in 1001 list, suggested by our friend jeni friend over at www.jenifriendphotography.com
I'm going to try to post a weekly picture of Evelynn and her family
I'm going to try to blog a little more about the cats, I know you miss them
I'm going to try a weekly review of a tv show



She's awake! 
Off to do flash cards, or if you are seven months old, eat some flash cards.  Hope you all are having a great day!!!

Love (space),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.