Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content.

Me?  A Mentor?
Guess what world?  I'm a mentor.  Nurse Carol asked me to mentor a young mom on breastfeeding.  I guess she is having some trouble and Carol feels like the girl would be more receptive to taking advice from someone her own age.  Apparently she is college educated like I am and just had a baby.  I don't know much more, I'm waiting for her to get into contact with me via email.  I hope I'm helpful!!

WHY?!?!?  !HY?!
The Carrieberry is dead.  Oddly enough I was headed into the Verizon store to get a camera pixel fixed and on my way there it just decided to give up and die.  By the time I got to the store all that was left of signs of life in my phone was a faint blinking red light.  Of course I tried the battery pull and when I got to the store THEY tried the battery pull, which apparently is the universal fix all for smart phones.  It reminds me of when Nintendo first came out and if your screen went all screwy you had to pull the game out and blow on it and then restart the game.  And for some reason Verizon things this is some fix all secret that no one knows but them, so they do it all cocky like while you tell them vehemently that YES YOU ALREADY FUCKING TRIED THAT.
So they told me it was dead.  And I told them I had a warranty.  So here is something you may not know.  Verizon has these local owned boutique stores called Verizon Z Premium retailer stores.  They are locally owned and deal the exact same product.  Normally I would shy away from crap like that just because it feels like the Walmart brand of cell phone stores, and you know when shit hits the fan and you have to deal with corporate, they will be all snotty about you going to the Z store.  But here is where things are different in my world.  In the Z stores, I actually get more help, more answers, awesome customer service, and I usually leave (though it is usually hours later) with a solution to my problem.  Twice now this has happened.  Frequent blog readers will remember when I was pregnant and we had to get our cell phone numbers changed.  Even though it took forever and we had to deal with corporate, the people at the Z stores sat thru the call and helped us get to the right people and say the right things to get our number changed.  Yesterday was no different.  They even called the store we originally went to and got our policy number and everything we needed to get the phone replaced. 
The bad news is that I have no phone until Thursday.  Hells Bells.  I feel completely disconnected from my life.  I MAY have cried about it last night.

Starving
Okay I'm about to eat my own hand and my lap is all hot from having Nero the netbook on me all the time while I facebook stalk.  I mean, look up really important things on the internets.  Talk to you later!

Love (my phone),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.