Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Seek simplicity, and distrust it.

Today's quote is brought to you by Alfred North Whitehead The reason I chose it is because I have a story regarding Lord Whitehead. 
Back when I was a senior in college and my last name was still Whitehead I  was running out of classes to take in my major to fill my schedule and I was shying away from super hard math classes, which seemed to be what my adviser thought I needed to take.  So I decided to take some classes from the Social Work tier, just to be with some of my friends where were social work majors.  I signed up for Introduction to Sociology.  When the teacher was going thru the class roll, she about cried in delight that there was a "Whitehead" in the class.  She asked me if I was any relation to "THE GREAT LORD ALFRED NORTH WHITEHEAD, world renowned philosopher and teacher?"  Now I knew the best way to get a grade, especially in a small liberal arts college, was to get on good terms with the teacher.  If the teacher liked you, she/he would cut you slack, or help you out with special tutoring or put you in the best groups.  So in a split second I said "Oh yes!  He's like my great, great, great uncle or something to that effect, but he's in the family tree."
I have no idea if I'm related to Alfred North Whitehead.  No idea what so ever.  But I wasn't about to tell her that.  She was so excited and you better believe that I got a GREAT grade in the class.  In fact she encouraged me to take more of her classes and I got great grades in those too.  End of story.

Mommy blogging
Okay so I have this little "safe" area in front of the tv where Evie and I hang out most of the day.  I have baby proofed it pretty well.  Seth calls it Evie's preschool.  All of her toys are there, I have layers of blankets down to keep the carpet from getting vomit bombed.  There are tons of books and obnoxious noised toys and even odd things that she has loved playing with around the house.  She has a container full of binx that she likes to take out one at a time, put in her mouth and then put on the floor.  She has an old keyboard since she loves to pound on our keyboard, so she has one of her own.  She has toddler cups and bowls since I read something that said to give them to her so she gets used to using them.  Needless to say she has tons of shit to keep her busy.  But for some reason she finds everything dangerous, disgusting, and downright annoying to put in her mouth, tear apart, or break.  It is driving me crazy.  Here is what caught her doing yesterday:

Yes that is the cat tree.  No I have no idea how she got up there.  This is what I deal with daily people.



Alright I have to go do some research for my breastfeeding mentoring session tomorrow!  Hope you all have a great day!

 Love (trouble),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.