Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored.

Itouch…dirty
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a new obsession-the Itouch. I want one so bad it occupies my thoughts almost constantly and when I’m going thru my day I think, how much more awesome would this moment be if I had an Itouch. I am currently trying to find a way to come up with 400 dollars to own one. So far I have ruled out these options:
Hooking
Putting ads on my blog
Selling any part of my body inside and out
Stripping
Taking out a second mortgage

I’m taking suggestions, but it needs to be something easy, not time consuming, and not something I’m looking to do for the next bajillion years or have to make an investment in. Really right now I’m thinking my only options are to buy lotto tickets. Or hock old ex boyfriend jewelry (how does one do that exactly) or sell old books on Amazon (nooooo!!!!!)

Let the rain fall down
Monday was exciting, as you might have deduced from the deluge of photos I posted. Here’s what I hate about severe weather, it’s like the worst let down ever. You get all amped up and get everything ready and then you just wait-and usually nothing happens. For example, here is how my day went Monday:
Co-Worker leaves and says something about thunderstorms tonite, check weather.com and think to self, oooo fun!
Decide to leave work early because I’m out of work and cold (I was going to stay until 5)
On the drive home, tune into the Lincoln station and start hearing all sorts of stuff about tornadoes.
All of the sudden, winds start blowing my little plastic VUE all around the road. Call Seth and he’s on his way home-which is big-that means this might be dangerous. I require two hands on the wheel to drive home, so all 20 of the phone calls I received has this panicked “I’m driving!” shouting and then hang up.
I get home and Seth and I have to hurry to move the trim out of the garage so Seth can park the Canyon.
Then as we get upstairs to put our stuff away and change clothes, the sirens go off. I grab Willow and Seth grabs Bagheera and we run downstairs. Once we turn on the tv and see its not an imminent danger, Seth goes back upstairs to get cell phones, chargers, snacks, and computers. Then we sit and wait. And wait. And wait. It rounds close to 7 and I start panicking that my shows aren’t going to be taped, and right at 7 they cut out and start normal tv.
So nothing. All that prep and panic and rushing around-just to be bored. At least we are prepared. We also discovered we need to arrange our storage room better, or else we are going to have to hole up in the tiny downstairs bathroom with the cat pan so we don’t die.

Did the President just use the word “naughty:?
OH YES HE DID!!
And what happens when Ed Henry asks a stupid question? You get BaROCKED! "It took a couple of days because I like to know what I am talking about before I speak." Take that Ed!
This is by far the funniest blog I’ve read about it- http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gawker/full/~3/dWvyWgh7Hlw/most-obnoxious-press-questions-for-obama-a-roundup

That’s all folks!
Alright everyone, that’s about all the wittiness I have today!
Hopefully the rest of this day goes by quickly, but that isn’t looking too promising.
Have a great day!

Love (a little less conversation and a little more action),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. You silly girl, he said "knotty problems" not "naughty problems". I think you hear what you want to hear :) I was listening, too, and had to stop and replay it in my head because I thought the same thing : )
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought an ipod touch off of apple.com it was refurb but you get a year warranty and it was almost $50 off. You might look and see if they have the phones on there too! We got golfball size hail in Gretna when I was visiting the inlaws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably you should just sell Partylite for a month and earn $1000 and call it good. Or just have a party for me and we'll call it good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.