Tuesday, March 17, 2009

VINDICATION!

HAHAHA!
I'm not the ONLY person in the world who has questioned handwashing in the bathrooms.
Here is an excerpt from a blog I frequently stalk and am reading back entries off (Its a great one, she's been blogging for like 10 years)
From Mimi Smartypants:

"BLASPHEMER!
This could very well get me kicked out of Diaryland, or at least ensure that no one wants to sit with me at lunch anymore, but yesterday I started to wonder why we wash our hands after going to the bathroom. I do it, you do it, most people do it, because our parents raised us right. But how is modern toileting any dirtier than any other activity? You don't touch anything in there other than toilet paper and flush-handle.* Now, it is undoubtedly a good idea to wash one's hands several times during the day, so even if we rip away the veil of social etiquette and expose post-elimination handwashing for the farce that it is, I have no plans to discontinue the practice. I just want us all to take a step back and mentally challenge the handwashing paradigm. Unless you routinely splash about in the bowl or pee on your fingers, I don't understand it.
*(Well, girls don't. Men, do you have to handle the johnson in order to pee? I am not familiar with Male Pee Procedures. But even if you do, presumably your schlong is not encrusted with microbes and filth.) "


HAHAH! I am no longer shamed with my no handwashing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.