Monday, March 16, 2009

Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

Hi All! Ugh, it’s Monday again. There is nothing worse than a Monday. Unless it is a holiday, and then it’s alright. I am really tired today for some reason and I haven’t shaken it yet.
Weekend Review
Our weekend was pretty productive, we got a lot of work done on the house. I finally got to put my living room furniture (well most of it anyway) back in place which was a HUGE relief. We saw “Watchmen” and I thought it was pretty good. Although I didn’t have an expectations going in, I was just there for an afternoon date! We went and saw it at the Rave theater, which was exciting because we saw it on one of their bigger screens-so it was super cool and sharp. I really do notice a difference with those DLP screens. In other weekend news, I learned how to use a detail sander. Cheeto and Whit came over to watch a movie which is always fun. My Dad came for dinner and my mom came over for dessert. Janet and Neil came to get our door trim to stain for us. I straighten up the office and cleaned the bathrooms. The Kid-ten’s got a new water fountain bowel and they LOVE it and I love not having to wait for the cat before I can use the toilet. Seth had football practice and didn’t feel too much like an old man. The weather was stunning. All and all a pretty productive weekend.
Cooking with Carrie
This weekend I made Gordon Ramsey’s Shepherds Pie and I am pleased as punch to say it was met with rave reviews by my Dad and Seth. It was a bigger pain in the ass then I expected. I always thought Shepherds pie was one of those throw together dishes, but I forgot I was making a Ramsey dish so it was very involved. Lots of reducing and grating and rice-ing. Seth had to help a lot more then I bargained for. I also made Chocolate Chip cookies (note to self: do not melt butter-cream the butter or you get pancake cookies) and cinnamon rolls at the request of Seth which I have decided are the BIGGEST pain the butt to make, and of course they are his newly declared “Favorite” thing I bake. Great. I’m currently hunting for recipes to try next weekend but it feels like I have a Mexican weekend coming on…
I heart my DVR!
We made a real effort to get things off the DVR this weekend after I had to delete like 20 “House Hunters” and “Property Virgins”. The TV season is getting ready to close and so most episodes are new. I’m complaining now about having too much to watch, but wait until May and I’ll complain about everything I love being off air until September. I’ve also noticed that Seth has less shows than I do for the ones we watch apart (Me: Ghost Whisperer, ER, Ugly Betty, Make Me a Supermodel, and all the Law and Order’s-Him: Reaper, Sarah Conner Chronicles) Which means he has to find things to do or I have to get up early on the weekends to watch them all.
“ER” made me cry, again, I think I was more crying that it was ending and that everyone was coming back. The stuff with the newer cast I fast forwarded thru. “Ghost Whisperer” made me cry-THANK GOD JIM is back. And I’d like to give a little shout out to “Chuck” which has some of the best writing EVER. We’ve had to stop watching this show while we eat because we get to laughing so hard we have to pause so we don’t choke. We are worlds behind in our “Friday Night Lights” and “Numbers”, but we will get there! We taped that new “Kings” show last night, and I love me some Ian McShane so I’m pretty excited. I can’t wait to get home and watch that and “Big Love” I have a sickness, I know this. If you ever saw my DVR Series Manger you’d really feel sorry for me-or disgusted, but I live in Nebraska, where the weather is either too hot or too cold to do anything of substance. I’m sure if we moved to Colorado I’d be hiking or something.
Scientific Proof!
So this morning on the radio they said a new study came out that you are considered mentally old at the ripe old age of 27 and that you hit your mental peak at 22. I almost drove my car into a tree when I heard that. I didn’t believe it so I went and tried to find it. And it’s true!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7945569.stm YOU BASTARDS. I always knew I was old. *runs to sob in a corner and buy depends*
Here lies Safety, it died when Steve fell off the ladder
They put up new stone markers at the entrance to NPP’s Admin Building today, and they seriously look like grave markers. They say our new strategic foundations like "Safety" "Accountablity" and some other ones I didn't see because I ran in the building and away from the Foundation reminding grave markers. Then I made inappropirate jokes about them with my co-workers, like "so if you don't do one of the foundations, is that where they bury you?" But I still hate them. And I don't want to walk out the front door today.
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood
It’s going to be gorgeous out today, near 74 or something ridiculously not March like that. I would love to be home finishing up the trim sanding. And sitting outside with the kittens who LOVE it outside, even though I know my dad is right and they are going to be dashing out the door before we know it and not coming home. It’s just so hard, and Willow whines and cries like we are the WORSE parents ever. Every time she throws one of her fits Seth yells back at her “Oh its SO AWFUL WILLLLOOOOOOWWWW we are SOOOO MEANNN.” But I actually did a neighborly thing this weekend! I randomly talked to someone about the weather that was walking by with their dog. Seth about fell over in shock. I’m not very neighborly, especially since the ding dong ditch incident a month ago.
Speaking of those hooligan kids-they had a GANG of them across the street last night screaming and pointing what looked to be guns at each other until 11 o’clock at NIGHT. And the town bicycle mother was HOME, or at least her car was. I want to have those kids arrested so bad. I think I’m going to go plant some weed at their house or something, but first I have to figure out how to find weed to plant. When’s curfew, at what point can I be an old lady and call the cops. The screaming is out of control. I know these kids are going to be a problem. One day when Seth had the day off he was at home sleeping in and the girl was screaming “help! Help!” and Seth went hauling out there to see what was wrong and she was just crying wolf. So I’ve had it out for her since. Now there is a GANG ( I say it in capital letters to make it scarier) of them out there at night screaming and pointing guns at each other. Bah Kids! *shakes cane*
Work-UGH!
Alright I just got handed a HUGE TERRIBLE AWFUL project that I want to complain about in great detail, but I’d better just get started on it instead. Hope you all have a great day-enjoy the weather!

Love (that spring is starting!)
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.