Monday, March 30, 2009

A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name.

We had such a busy weekend, ya'll! I need a weekend off next weekend!

Friday I learned the secret to grocery shopping, go Friday's! They do these three hour sales and you get amazing deals! So we went shopping, then we tried to finish the house and get some stuff off the DVR.

Saturday morning we did some more painting and trim attaching, the house ALMOST looks back together, if you ignore the fact that we have no trim around our doors and the insides of our windows are still in process. Saturday night we went to my parents to welcome Ellyn home from Chicago! Dad made everyone Walnut Chicken (a stir fry) and Mom made Ellyn and I (who is a vegetarian now too!) a great pasta dish that I had for lunch again today! They did crafts and we watched the Disney video to get excited. It was fun and really nice to not have to cook!

Sunday was the day of the Cougar Club party and I worked really hard on the food. Like too hard. I hand rolled like 150 gnocchi, and of course there is hardly any left. I am/was so tired. I almost fell asleep during the movie! The roast came out perfect and Seth made a really great rice/broccoli dish at the last minute that was suoper good. Pam brought these AMAZING brownies. L’ara brought bloody mary’s and JJ for mancare, and Whitney brought Cheeto but he left after dinner because he had to work. Ellyn showed up at like 2 after we had been watching the movie for a while. But we had so much fun making dirty comments and laughing and mooning over Robert Pattinson. L'ara lent me the next book and it was so hard not to run to the bedroom and lock myself away, even harder not to call in sick to work today to stay home and read it!!

Sunday night Seth and I watched Bolt and went to bed.

Ugh I'm exhausted, but hoping the week goes by quickly so I can just take this weekend to relax and maybe make a small pan of enchi's!!

Love (to cook),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. What is this three hour sale you speak of?

    Also, I'm finally on the last Twilight book...so good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.