Monday, March 23, 2009

It is not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts. It saves one having to bother anyone else with them.

Hi all!
Sorry that I didn’t post Friday-we had and eventful weekend, which started Thursday.

Doing the I was right dance, didn’t help-
So of course, Seth has his first football game on Thursday and he’s very excited. I was very excited to catch up on my ever growing list of shows on the DVR and snuggle into bed early and read my books (Still working on Midwives, The Mistress of the Art of Death, Scarlet Feather, and Saffron Kitchen). All of the sudden in the middle of my luxurious bath, I get a feeling. I start thinking of having to call into work because Seth hurt himself. Then the phone rang. Seth hurt his calf muscle. Long story short, it was the worst pain I have seen him in and I had to leave work at 10am on Friday and take him to the doctor. (PS-his doctor is REALLY strange) I spent all weekend tending to him and trying to force him to stay off his leg like his doctor said. It was nice to start the weekend a little early, and I even caught a nice nap while Seth was working in the office.

Happy Anniversary!
Friday night we went to dinner with my parents at the Millard Roadhouse and had such a good time! The food was good and the company was even better. It was my parents 20-something (7, 8?) anniversary and Seth and I’s six month-a-versary. What a nice way to celebrate! Mom and Dad came over after dinner to see the grand-kitties. To wrap it up, we watched “Kings” (really good, but I’m concerned that NBC won’t be able to sustain the “grand” quality of it, this looked more like a movie of the week and would have been much better on HBO for sure-I’ll give it another shot!) and Grey’s Anatomy (CRIED, CRIED, CRIED) and headed to bed.

Sweat Equity
Saturday I went with Mom to the hotel by our house and grabbed some lunch and then over to Rockbrook Camera to buy a giant canvas print of me in my wedding dress (her idea, not mine) and to get the negatives that weren’t printed of the wedding pictures. Then I helped her pick out an anniversary gift for my dad. We got him an oriel feeder-who knew oriels eat fruit? Mom dropped me off about 2 and then Seth and I headed over to Walmart and Hobby Lobby. We got stuff to work on the trim with at Walmart (we found out its cheaper than Home Depot or any of those other specialty stores) and I needed to stop at Hobby Lobby to get some more embroidery floss (I’m working on two sets of tea towels, both which require a disturbing amount of green and brown shades) while we were there we went thru the “Home Accent” section and found out everything was 50% off (SCORE!!) so we bought a fleur-de-lis iron accent for over the entrance to the dining room and a six panel piece for above the hope chest. Those of you who have been in my house may remember that’s where the black iron with the wedding photos in the fleur de lis frames (did I mention I have a fleur de lis theme?) were-we moved those to the master bedroom above the long dresser.
Then we got to work on the trim. Seth sanded and I stained and sealed. We really got in a good rhythm until the sun went down. We got all of the pieces done for the living room and dining room and hallway (now we just have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, bah!) Seth is going to install them this week so that I can put my life back together at least for a month until we can get to working on the rest of it.

And then I made CHEESE!
That’s right, I made cheese. All by myself. I’m so not kidding. The ricotta turned out really good ( a little scorched because I don’t have a fancy pants 400 dollar pot like Bob) but I had a lot of help from Seth who made sure that I had a big enough pot (with cunning math like formulas and equations) and who also helped stir. Then we had a lovely meal of angel hair pasta, marinara, and a big plop of ricotta in the middle. AND as luck would have it, we found a block of aged parmesan on clearance at Kroger, so we got to use our fancy zyliss cheese grater we got for our wedding and have fresh parmesan. It was good and I have 4 pounds of cheese and leftovers galore-hit me up if you want to stop and get some ricotta!

To round out our weekend
Sunday was a lazy day for me, I was super wore out from running around and working on the house and making cheese, and also from all the nursing I had to do for Seth. We hung up all the new art from Hobby Lobby. Went to Target for prescription refills. I finished the laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. All and all pretty restful and boring. We watched the “Big Love” season finale! WOW! When does that come back? Soon I hope! Thank God…well I won’t ruin it for you, but thank goodness some people are dead and some people are back.

Up on tap this week
Tonite we are really going to try and go Seth’s Church he wants to try out. He really needs to get off work on to time though. Tuesday thru Thursday we really have nothing exciting that I know of. Friday we asked Cheeto and Whit if they wanted to come over and grill, under the assumption that the weather was going to be nice as it has been-but it’s not, its suppose to snow on Friday and the rest of the weekend. Sunday is the Cougar Party for Twilight. I’m still deciding on what to serve, I initially said Enchi’s but I have 4 pounds of ricotta now-so I’m thinking lasagna sounds good.

Well that’s about it from here! Hope you all have a great Monday!
Love (to be a cheesemaker),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.