Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name.

Goodnight Brain…
It feels like my brain needs a nap. It’s just sluggishly dragging itself around today. The Brain is taking minutes to answer questions that normally take seconds. Mundane repetitive tasks require a pause and step by step think thru to get things moving again. In short my brain needs a kick in the ass, but being that I don’t (and hope) my brain does not HAVE an ass, or ass section, since most things in the brain seems to be in sections, I’m not sure where to direct my kicking motion…

If you build it, they will tax you.
So I’m already sick of this whole Sarpy County Stadium debate here in Omaha. While I think it would be fun to have a Haymarket Park type of picnic thing going on, could we get a better team than the Royals? One actually worth watching? I remember we used to go to this Fourth of July family thing the first couple years we lived in Nebraska and my mom worked on base, and we always had to plan an activity for during the game, because the Royals were that bad. I actually cannot remember watching a game. I have pictures of Kathy reading a book and Jesse playing with walkie-talkies. Pretty much we were there for the fireworks and whatever world record attempt was going to get us into the Guinness Book of World Records (Of which I am in both for biggest crowd playing a kazoo to the tune of “take me out to the ball game” and biggest crowd doing the YMCA-booyah!) So unless this new stadium can not raise my property taxes or any other taxes and will have the WORLD’S Largest Fireworks show-you won’t get my support. Or maybe if they give everyone whose names are Carrie free tickets. I also think there are better things to spend money on, like hospitals and schools. One guy on the news last night said something really striking to me, "We don't build factories for manufacturers. We don't build warehouses for distributors. We don't build stores for retailers so why would we build a stadium for a sports franchise?" SO TRUE. Anyway moving on…

Grand Ole Idol
American Idol last night was…snooooozzzzeeee. I of course, as planned voted for Scott because I laughed at Randy Travis and his awkward “go in for the hug, oh he’s blind he can’t see the hugging so we’ll do a handshake moment”. I rolled my eyes at Danny Gokey’s “Jesus take the wheel” (predictable) and got uncomfortable with Adam’s “Ring of Fire” which was super strange. I really wanted to be like, “Dear Adam-you aren’t Jim Morrison yet, please refrain from freaking out America until after you get arrested the first time for indecent exposure. Thanks, Carrie” I get he was trying to pull a David Cook and do it “his way” but seriously, he all but took off his pants and sang about his man junk while he pointed to it and thrusting it inappropriately. Everyone else was pretty much forgettable except Matt G-who can play a piano like nobody’s business. He even shows up the blind guy-who whined about getting bad hat picks, I’m sure he will go home tonite because AI is rigged and NO ONE spills the secrets of AI.

Weekend cooking plans
This weekend I’m going to attempt to make ricotta cheese on my own. I’m very nervous. This could go horribly wrong with a quickness. And I could waste 6 dollars of milk, buttermilk, and half and half. And also about 2 hours of my life. Let’s keep our fingers crossed though and hope for the best. Because if I can MAKE CHEESE, the world would be a BRILLANT place. My dream is to make something so awesome and unique that my friends and family stop asking me for the recipe and just start begging me to make it for them and bring it to parties. Kind of like my Dad’s guacamole recipe. I also have a lovely cheese stuffed chicken recipe from A year in the kitchen I’m going to try.

Wake me up, before you go-go-oh wait don’t.
I woke up this morning to a headache. A headache is like the fifth worse thing to wake up to. The first being blood of any sort, second a stranger in your bed/room, third cat butt in your face, fourth the sudden urge to vomit. So needless to say, didn’t start off this day well, but at least its overcast and moody, kind of like myself today. If it was bright and sunny I’d be even more crabby, because we all know how I feel about sunshine.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Speaking of overcast days, you know what my favorite thing in the world is? Curling up under a duvet on the couch, with a really good book, and a cuddly kitten or two, and reading three sentences of the book and falling asleep-this is the best thing ever. This scenario can also have cuddly kittens substituted for a cuddly husband and the book substituted for a boring football game.

A conversation between Mr. and Mrs. Hellbusch:

Me: So I was reading this stuff today about circumcision-
Husband: -oh great.
Me: Let me finish-so anyway apparently some women don’t get their baby boys circumcised because there is this big movement because it’s really unhealthy or something I don’t know.
Husband: We are getting our son circumcised-end of discussion.
Me: Well why? I mean, I don’t care about our kids foreskin one way or another, I just want to know why you are so adamant about it.
Husband: Because that’s the kid that gets picked on in school, the kid with the weird wanger. He goes to the pool and we all made fun of him. (Continues long story about the boy he knew his whole life that had hippie parents and was uncircumcised and how horrible his life was with foreskin.)
Me: You looked at boys wangers at the pool and pointed and laughed?
Husband: Well when you are a kid, you look, you know, at the pool.
Me: Uh no, I wasn’t allowed to look at boys wangers at the pool. What pool did YOU go to? Let’s not send our kids there.
Husband: *exasperated sigh* No, no circumcision.
Me: Oh I don’t even care about that anymore, I’m worried about my boy looking at other boys wangers now…
Husband:…*crashes truck into tree*

Hope you all have a great Hump Day! We are almost there-hold on people!
Love, (anything that involves a duvet)
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. your conversations with your hubby sound eerily similar to mine with my soon to be hubby. do you find yourself constantly saying "Just hear me out...just let me finish...you'll understand when you hear the rest..." and yet they never.seem.to.understand...that is the story of my life...kind of like our situation with recycling...check out the post today??

    jenifriend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.