Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Your true value depends entirely on what you are compared with.

I was debating what quote to put up in the subject line this morning because I also enjoyed this one:
The truth is always a compound of two half- truths, and you never reach it, because there is always something more to say.
But the first one won, because it made me laugh a little. And really, if you make me laugh, you are in.

We are currently still in remodel mode. It’s driving me crazy bananas. Seth is talking about rearranging the upstairs furniture, which makes me nervous since our furniture looks exactly like and is arranged exactly as the people who lived there before us had it. Seth seems to think the couch needs to be on the banister of the stairs and I think it will make the room feel smaller and closed off, and I like open concept.
We started watching the channel here in Omaha that just shows houses for sale. I have a love/hate relationship with that channel, which makes it very entertaining. You can only watch it every once in a while though because they never changed those houses. I think they run on a two week schedule. Anyway, I love it because I love seeing all the different decorating styles and love laughing at what the wording people use to describe crap. But I hate it because when we get into the houses I’ll never be able to afford, I get jealous and hateful towards my house. Especially since it doesn’t have a claw foot jacuzzi tub overlooking my 10 acres. Or my totally remodeled kitchen. Man I would love to have a fancy state of the art kitchen, I would have dinner parties everyday and grow my own veggies and herbs and shop at the farmer’s market and bake fresh bread twice a week. In my head, if I had the time, cooking would be so my thing. That and internet stalking.
So I’ve been thinking about our garden, because I’ve been thinking about cooking with fresh veggies and about our July 4th extravaganza this year (it’s on a Saturday! Hooray!) and cooking for that. I know we will have to start that sometime this month, hopefully the weather stays warm so I can start planting that. They’ve already put all the seeds and gardening stuff out at Walmart, so I’m itching to start that. Although I guarantee I will be over it all about a week into it.
Okay well I’m boring today. So I’m going to stop here!
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Love (to be at home in bed sleeping),Carrie

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to add that I also want to plant some vegetables and have high hopes for a garden that I will take care of for a week, then get bored with and wonder why I'm not getting anything from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what happend to your other comment, but I loved that comment too, I am glad to know I'm not the only half-assed gardener and obsessive Home Channel watcher!!
    Do you have pictures of your new house on Facebook? I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's been difficult to leave comments lately. Stupid internet. Um, no pics, I haven't been on facebook in a forever either. We'll be having a gathering in a couple weeks and I'll let you know the details when I get them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay let me know!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.