Monday, December 7, 2009

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

Hi all!
Okay so here’s a quick one, since I am loads behind in some of my updating work, the stuff that I don’t have a deadline on, but still needs to be done eventually. I usually wait until I run out of space in my hold cubbies and then do it begrudgingly.

Christmas
This weekend I decided that I am not anti-Christmas, I’m anti X-mas. I’m down with Jesus and the whole meaning of Christmas and the spirit and the message behind it, but I’m just fed up with everything else that has made Christmas so commercial and such a chore. I know I’ll have to be all up in it next year for Evelynn, but this year, I’m boycotting X-mas. Seth asked me to put up the tree (after I had put up my half of the Christmas decorations, the tree is his thing because he’s uber picky about it) and I literally stood the box up on end, wrapped some tinsel and lights around it, and put the tree topper on the top. He doesn’t think I’m funny. Pam thought it was hilarious. In fact she suggested the tinsel and lights.

Weekend Recap
This weekend was okay. I didn’t sleep on the couch all weekend like I wanted. Friday night we ran errands, which kind of sucked but was kind of fun. We were out pretty late and still managed to eat at home which made Seth happy. We had to go to Best Buy and look at Netbooks (my Christmas present) and return our birthday present from Seth’s family. Then we went to Target to pick up my prescription (I love our pharmacist, she totally hooked it up so I only have to come in twice a month now instead of every week because my prescriptions were all over the place) and then we went to Walmart and did some Christmas shopping.
This year, for the first year ever, I actually participated in Toys for Tots at work. Normally I try to duck out of things. At my last job I quit before the money was due to help the families the company was sponsoring. I got all bent out of shape about it because the lists they gave us were PS3 games and crap like that. Not like warm coats and gloves. It was like, how does this family in need have a PS3? So anyway I normally don’t pay attention too much to that stuff this time of year, but this year, maybe because I’m pregnant, I started think about the kids without toys and how the Marines sponsor it and I got all choked up and decided to do it. I bought toys for Seth to take to his box too, but he refused to do it because his box was full and he didn’t want people to see him do it which is just weird but whatever. I put both toys in my box and felt good for once this Christmas season.
So Friday night we got home and watched some TV and ate and went to bed early (well I did, Seth stayed up until 3 working on his project).
Saturday I woke up and under the impression that my parents were going to come over and hang out at my house that night I started cleaning like a mad woman. I hate cleaning my house these days. I don’t get the satisfaction I used to out of cleaning it and being all “Oh my HOME is so CLEAN and I worked so HARD and it was so WORTH IT” mostly afterward I just felt resentful towards the house that I had to clean it. And it needed a deep cleaning too. I mopped floors and everything.
Halfway thru my cleaning expedition, my parents and I exchanged phone calls and changed the plans for the evening. We decided to go to “Beyond Golf” and watch the Nebraska game on the big screens and eat there. It was great to go because Jesse joined us and my parents found a place to have their New Year’s party, and we had a lot of fun.
We got home around 9 and finished watching the game which was heartbreaking and made me never want to watch football ever again.
Sunday I started putting up my half of the Christmas stuff and then Pam came over with Zio’s pizza and we watched some TV and hung out and caught up, it was super fun. Then I vacuumed and steam cleaned my Grandpa’s rocking chair for him and had some solution left over so I did the stairs. Seth worked on his project most of the day. I watched TV and made lunches and dinner and then we went to bed. Oh the exciting life we lead.
This morning, we had about 2 inches of snow, and since I live on top of a giant hill that turns into a really busy road, I decided to wait for the snowplow to come thru.

Snow!
Tonite we are supposed to get 4 inches and another 4-9 tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if I even attempt getting to work. I wish it was starting tomorrow night though because we have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday and it would be nice just to take the whole day Wednesday if I have to take a day for the weather.

Evelynn’s Blog
Evelynn has been moving a little different lately, more with her whole body so I can feel her and her little legs and arms pressing against me. She kicks on command pretty much and is generally very active. The heartburn has been increasing worse, and my belly button is getting grosser by the day. I noticed my fingers were a little swollen today but that could have been the weather. Other than that we are just chugging along!

SYTYCD SpoilersCouples:
Jakob & Mollee – Broadway (Joey Dowling), Viennese Waltz (Jason Gilkison)
Legacy & Ellenore – Contemporary (Travis Wall), Hip Hop (NappyTabs)
Ryan & Kathryn – Disco (Doriana Sanchez), Cha Cha (Jason Gilkison)
Russell & Ashleigh – Hip Hop (Shane Sparks), Bollywood (Nakul Dev Mahajan)

Better get to work!
I’d better get working since the weather prediction for tomorrow makes me think I may not be here! Hope you all are warm and safe wherever you are!!

Love (to have a snow day),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.