Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.

Hey there blog world. I actually have some time today to talk to you guys because, of course, I'm home sick.
I'm all congested and stuffed up and have a lovely hacking cough. I figured I spare people at work from listening to me snort and cough all day. Plus, my doctor said sometimes these little colds are my body's way of telling me to slow down. So here I am, being slow.
Let's see what can I tell you about? This will for sure be a rambly post.
First off Christmas is right around the corner. I can't believe it. Before I know it Evelynn will be here. The weather has been horrendous and with my less than stellar driving skills I've been staying home at least in the mornings and trying to get to work in the afternoons. I thought I could do something like that again today but my head wooziness hasn't wore off in time for it to be worth while.
Eveylnn and I have been doing good. She's started some new movements recently that are strange and uncomfortable. It's like she's turning her whole body around over and over inside of me. I feel like singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" to her constantly.
I got a Parents magazine this month and it was all about SIDS so of course that wasn't anything I wanted to read. But I did learn a lot, like about not having the crib bumper in there, I wouldn't have known that. Not that she will be in her crib very much at first. But still, good info. Also the part of making sure that she doesn't have a lot of stuff near her head.
We have most of our Christmas shopping done. I wanted to buy Evelynn all this stuff, but I held off. Christmas seems to be hard this year because I just want it to be next year when she is here. She should be old enough that it will be fun too.
The cats are hell bent on destroying the Christmas tree and it's driving Seth crazy. In the middle of the night he jumps out of bed and goes screaming into the living room to yell at the cats. I think I might care more if it wasn't a hassle for me to bend over and pick up the the ornaments. But since I can't do anything to repair the tree when they destroy it, I kind of just ignore it and let it go. He's going to be mad today though because when I shuffled out of my sick bed to get a fanta, the tinsel was strung across the floor. Ahh Bengals.
I have to take a diabetes test this week, I should go do it today but I'm not sure I can stomach the juice they gave me, plus it would mean I have to get dressed and drive down there. Maybe later if I get cabin fever. Also I can't exactly remember the instructions besides come get your blood drawn an hour after you drink the juice.
Chet is supposed to come over later, maybe I can convince him to go with me, the whole getting your blood drawn thing alone is not fun. Plus he likes that crap.
I keep forgetting we are on two week appointments and I have another doctors appointment next week.
We worked really hard this weekend and got our Christmas cards out. We have only gotten 3 ourselves so it's kind of disappointing, but maybe people will see ours and be reminded to send us one. I know sometimes that's what I do.
Oh! So yesterday while I was waiting for the snow to stop I saw a teaser for a new mini series on HBO called "The Pacific", it is basically "Band of Brothers" (You know, one of my favorite things to watch on winter days and bawl my eyes out) but in the Pacific theater. All the same producers and writers are involved (but not the actors) and it just looks amazing. You can find teasers and info here. I'm pretty jazzed. I even posted it on facebook last night.
I got Seth a gym membership for Christmas this year. He's still trying to decide where he wants it to. There is an Anytime Fitness, a YMCA, and a 24 hour fitness that can be on his way home-but the Y's dues are kind of steep, the Anytime fitness is small, and he hasn't looked into the 24 hour fitness yet. I'm kind of excited for him to join a gym again and after Evie comes, I might be able to join him. We did really good when we had a gym to go to in Sioux Falls, we mad an effort to go because we were paying for it. And if it is on his way home, he is more likely just to stop. The bowflex just isn't cutting it anymore and it's cold in the garage. Plus he likes doing cardio and we just don't have the space for a treadmill with all of Evie's stuff coming.
Oh I totally had a craving! I love to eat chips and salsa from La Mesa. I'm also drooling over the thought of China Road's Buddhist Delight. And last night I dreamed about Jim and Jennie's Greek Village. I'm pretty sure that Pam and I might have to sneak over there one of these days. I can't have feta cheese, but I sure can have waffle fries and Greek potatoes. And a greek salad with the feta on the side (I'm sure Pam would love my extra feta).
Really though, I just love to eat food, and its compounded by my pregnancy. I couldn't believe I hadn't gained 100 pounds when we went to the doctor last.
Alright well I'd better try to get a hold of my husband and see how his work day is going and tell him my diabetes test plan. Hope you all are having a great day and maybe I'll be back later today!!
Love (to not have any congestion right now),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.