Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.

Okay finally caught up a bit…now where was I? Oh yes, Friday.

Friday
So Friday after shopping we were kind of slugs. I don’t remember what we did, really. I think we watched a movie and went to bed. For the rest of the weekend I sleeping schedule was kind of off whack because of Black Friday.

Saturday
Saturday I woke up around 9 and started getting ready for Soupsgiving at my parents. I brought Fat Potato Fat Fat and my birthday torte from Seth’s mom. Dinner and company were really good. We had to stop at Rotella’s on the way over there so that was no fun. I just can’t believe how busy that place is sometimes. We headed over to my parents and my mom had appetizers. I ate my weight in raw cauliflower. Seth is still regretting not taking it from me. People at work might be too.
Mom made her famous Garlic Soup and Yankee Oatmeal Bread. Dad made Chili. Jesse made Tomato Soup (which was delicious) and Kathy made Chicken Noodle Soup. Promptly after I stuffed myself Evelynn started kicking the holy heck out of me because she had no space, so she moved upward, destroying my abs again. On top of that I had heartburn. So I went and laid down in the sitting room and eventually people came over and talked to me. It was really nice.
Then I opened birthday presents. My parents got me that pregnancy massage and a cute sweater. Kathy and Dan got me a notebook, the Jewel Lullaby CD, and a making baby food cook book from Williams and Sonoma.
Side note here-I cannot believe how easy it is to make baby food. Seriously. This is one thing I really want to do when the time comes. Literally its steam veggies and blend the hell out them with breast milk, veggie water, or formula. Then you can freeze it in an ice cube tray for up to 3 months and each ice cube is enough for a kid for one day. Nice.
I hung around Mom and Dad’s until about 4:30, then they went to see a movie. Seth left to work on his project about 2. (But ended up not doing that because he had to help take Cheeto and Whitney’s TV back).
I left my parents and stopped by the mall on my way home to do some of my father in law’s Christmas shopping, to get something for my mom, and to get wrapping paper and tape and ribbon from the dollar store. I found the neatest frame for Evelynn’s room. The frame is a little banged up but I think I’m going to repaint it anyway. The matting is all I really care about, it’s a bunch of spaces for pictures and it says “A legacy of love” at the top and at the bottom it says “the women of our family” so I thought that was pretty cool. It hangs from a ribbon.
Saturday night we ate leftovers, I wrapped Christmas presents, and watched more old movies upstairs in bed. I think. I don’t really remember, our whole sleep cycle was jacked from getting up at 2 am for Black Friday.

Sunday
Sunday was my one hundred and eleventyith birthday. Okay not really but it felt like that. It was actually my 28th. We woke up and Seth wanted me to pick a place to go for lunch or early dinner. The place I chose wasn’t open on Sunday’s and honestly, I didn’t feel like putting on the ritz or anything. We decided to go to Goodwill and hunt for an armoire for Evelynn’s room since that’s like the one thing left we have to find to complete the room and the only ones I could find at “The Mart” were like 2 grand. I was about to give up. See, the closet in her room is full to bursting, with my stuff. The closet in our bedroom is really, really small, so I overflow to that closet. I would clean it out but I’m waiting to see what fits after the baby. Some of those clothes I really like. I may never need 400 pair of black pants again, but I don’t want to get rid of the only pair that might fit. So anyway I decided to find her a little armoire that we could put a bar in and hang her clothes in. I think the idea originally came from one of those baby magazines in the doctor’s waiting room. But alas, months have gone by and I have found nothing.
Until Sunday. Sunday I found the PERFECT thing. It needs some work, but Seth’s mom offered to strip and stain it for us and hopefully my Dad can fix the minor bangs and bruises it has. Here are the pictures:
Doors closed

Doors opened

We will be putting bars for her clothes on the right hand side.
If it matched the theme of the room I would just leave it blue, but since it needs work done on the top and some of the wood needs to be replaced, it will have to be stripped and stained. Isn’t it just perfect? It’s not very tall so eventually when she is dressing herself, she can still use it. I’m kind of in love with it.
Let’s see, then I decided that I’d just like to grab some lunch while we were out because I was STARVING and Seth said he knew the perfect place and started driving everywhere and got me all confused. Then he suggested since we were on L (I have no idea how we ended up there) that we get my prescription from Target. Then he turned and stopped in the Books A Million parking lot and I screamed because that was the other half of my birthday present (the first being my nick and nora pajamas with owls, which Cody ruined by calling my “hooters”). So of course, the super awesome dollar book sale is going on and I start loading up. 20 minutes later we left and I had over 25 new books. I’m so excited. Last night I laid in the living thru and looked thru them all and separated them into stacks and read the jackets and peeled off the stickers. I’m a dork, I know. After that I was really exhausted and really hungry so we decided to grab some Pepperjax and stay in the rest of the night. It was delicious. We snuggled and I worked on Evie’s blanket and took a nap with a fully tummy of Pepperjax yummy.
For dinner Seth made me a super fancy grilled cheese and warmed up some of Jesse’s tomato soup for me. It was so good. The perfect birthday!

Monday
Yesterday was such struggle to come to work. I knew though, if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get paid for the holiday. So I trudged myself in. I was pouty all day because Seth was home on vacation (finally, for the next three days hopefully) and I was at work. Mel at work made me feel better though, she got me the Adam Lambert CD for my birthday and I jammed all the way home! It is kind of a strange cross between Britney Spears and Queen. Anyway so I got home and found out Chet had been at the house getting tutored in math most of the day. He left when Seth left for class. I got out my books and looked thru them. Took a bath, did the laundry cleaned up the kitchen, and promptly fell asleep on the couch (it was SO COMFY I have no idea why, but for some reason it supported all the right places and I was warm under a duvet) until Seth called on his way home from class. He took my car so he could get gas in it for me and then surprised me by washing it too. That made me super happy. (and him super happy because he got the car wash for free because the machine malfunctioned and didn’t print him a code)
Then we ate ice cream and watched the end of the football game and went to bed.

Evelynn’s Blog
She has been a squirming and jiving all thru the holidays. She really reacted to the sound of Seth’s family’s voices. I don’t know if it was all the deep male voices. I also was listening to the new Timbaland song on my CarrieBerry and had the phone near my stomach and she started jamming. She has been pretty active this morning. I’m currently at 25 weeks. Our next appointment is Dec. 9th and then two weeks after that on Dec. 23rd until she is born. I worked 9 hours yesterday and didn’t have any ab problems, a sore back a little bit but no ab problems so hopefully we’ve gotten over that hurdle. Other than that, we just love feeling her move and wish we had a fast forward button so she could be here already!

Off I go
To work. Boo. But tomorrow or later I will be back with stories about The Annual Hellbusch Cookie Extravaganza and weekend plans and why I don't want to put up my Christmas decorations, which are currently sitting in my living room-be excited about that.

Love (Evelynn’s new armoire),
Carrie

PS
Because I’m a crazy cat lady, here’s some pictures of the beeps that I took last night. They are in their cat tree, which they have obviously outgrown. They used to snuggle in their as kittens and they still try to as big ole kittes. Ahh Bengals...:




I like how bagy is snuggling with a mousey (the purple thing) and covering his eyes.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea on the baby food. It will be cheaper than buying the bottled stuff and your baby won't have to eat all those strange preservatives. It's amazing how we take for granted how easy a lot of things are to make on our own. I made fresh cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. It took about 15 minutes total mostly unattended, could be made the day before and tasted a million times better than the stuff in the can. Why did I think it was going to be hard?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.