Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.

Wow. I just noticed I did a terrible job painting my nails last night. I painted them for like the first time in months and they look awful. Did I get ANY paint on the actual nail?

Last Night
Last night I came home and promptly started putting together Chili for Seth. I accidently (as always) made a buttload so it had to be split into two crockpots. For some reason my recipie from Kraft.com calls for like 300 pounds of beans. And Seth likes it really meaty so we use four pounds of hamburger. Anyway that is pretty much the most exciting thing I did all night, if not the most productive.

TV
While I was waiting for the hamburger to defrost I ate some cheese and watched Intervention downstairs. Chet and Seth were working on homework upstairs. I came home and promptly turned off the television upstairs so it would go faster for them. I really wanted to talk to my husband last night. The basis of our conversations lately have been about “packet rates” and other masters class project related words that I don’t really understand. So anyway Intervention’s season started up again Monday night, and since a acceptable amount of time had passed since I quit watching last season, I was up to see some drama.
The lady on there was named Linda and she was a LOON. She was from a Chinese immigrant family and she was addicted to fetynal lollypops. Which are what they give dying cancer patients for pain. Her younger brother had been taking care of her for eight years because that’s how it works in traditional Chinese families. This guy gave up his life, career, everything because he was the youngest. Her parents had spent over a million dollars on random things for her, like a chair to get her up and down the stairs and her house in LA. It was pretty shocking. I enjoyed the episode. They later diagnosed her with a delusional disorder and she had to go to a special place. She used to be an extra in TV and movies!
Then I watched the Presidential Address. I don’t really have many opinions on what was said, but I felt that it was important to listen. Also SYTYCD started taping and he was over the SYTYCD show so I really didn’t have a choice (but I did want to watch). I think it’s sad that we have to send more troops, but nice to know that there is an exit strategy. And also I liked when he said that America has enough building to do at home, it doesn’t want to take over countries. Or something to that effect. I also thought it was funny when they were trying to find engaged WestPoint Cadets to get “crowd shots” of. At one point the cut to a girl starting to fall asleep and quickly cut away. You know she’s doing pushups right now.
After that I watched SYTYCD. Here are my reactions:
Ryan and Noelle: Hip Hop – Tabitha & Napolean
I didn’t see this one, the President was speaking
Legacy and Ashleigh: Contemporary – Gary Stuart
I didn’t’ see this one either, the President was shaking cadets hands and Katie Couric was arguing with an old guy about war time tax.
Nathan and Kathryn: Broadway – Spencer Liff
I saw the tail end of this one, but I really think that Nathan was bad. I know he has a huge tween fan base and I feel it’s the only thing keeping him alive.
Jakob and Ellenore: Quickstep – Tony and Meredith
This was okay. I was doing the dishes at this point and not paying much attention
Russell and Molle: Lyrical Jazz – Mandy Moore
This was great, because you know I love Russell, but even Molle was tolerable!! The song selection sucked though. Really there wasn’t any other 80’s power ballad you could have used?
Ryan and Noelle: Waltz – JT Thomas and Tomas Mielnicki
At this point I was over all the ballroom stuff
Legacy and Ashleigh: Hip Hop – Dave Scott
What the heck with that cape? It was such a waste of Legacy’s talent. Bring back Shane Sparks!!!
Nathan and Kathryn: Rhumba – Tony and Meredith
Yeah I didn’t really watch this one either.
Jakob and Ellenore: Contemporary – Sonya Tayeh
Wow. Just Wow. I don’t even miss Mia Michaels anymore. This routine was AWESOME.
Russell and Mollee: Jive – Anya and Pasha
When I heard what they were doing I was like UGGGG but then I watched it because you know, Russell and WOW. It’s hard to follow that Sonya routine but they knocked it out of the park!
SOLOS
Mollee Solo: I didn’t see this one.
Russell Solo: This was AWESOME. I had almost forgotten that he was a krumper!!!
Noelle Solo: Meh, I don’t think I watched this one very close.
Ryan Solo: What the hell was with that song? And he just skeeves me out these days. I’m sure he will go home.
Kathryn Solo: I didn’t really watch this one either.
Nathan Solo: Lord that was beautiful, I almost changed my mind about him.
Ellenore Solo: This was fun and quirky, what you would expect form Ellenore.
Legacy Solo: WOW. I was blown away by this, I had never really seen him solo before, only in Vegas and this was AMAZING.
Ashleigh Solo: How does one person move that fast? Honestly? It was really, really good though.
Jakob Solo: This was perfect. I could watch him dance solos forever. I almost want him to be in the bottom 3 to see him do it again.

Christmas…bah.
I’m not a big fan of Christmas. At least not these days. I think I will be next year when Evelynn is here. Mostly we travel around a lot at Christmas. I was super jazzed our first year in the house for Christmas, but then after we spent hours putting up everything up only to spend 2 seconds of Christmas to “ourselves” (we opened our presents to each other like 2 days after Christmas and like as an afterthought in between family visits) I kind of lost the spirit. But next year we will be spending Christmas at home for Evie’s first Christmas. So I’ll get excited then. So yeah, I don’t have any Christmas stuff up. I have a good feeling I won’t have anything up. We will be in Columbus Christmas Eve and Day and then at my parents the rest of the holiday weekend so it wouldn’t be worth it. Plus Christmas is like three weeks away and I would just have to take them down again in four weeks anyway and these days, I try to keep my house upkeep at a minimum since I get out of breath wiping down the counters and have lost the ability to bend a the waste.
Who knows though, we are still doing our cookie extravaganza this year, so maybe the spirit will catch me then. Until then-bah humbug.

The Annual Hellbusch Christmas Cookie Extravaganza
When Seth and I first started dating, he started a tradition where we make millions of cookies for the holidays for our family and friends. When we moved to Sioux Falls we began incorporating “special” cookies that were beyond the normal sugar cookies. The first year it was chocolate covered pretzels. Anyway cut to this year, we are trying to fit in the cookie making before Christmas (we give away plates for presents and take them to work). It looks like this year we are going to attempt peppermint bark and Italian Wedding cookies. I’m pretty excited but I hope with two special cookies this year, we can cut back on the Sugar cookies because decorating them is a pain in the ass and no one thinks my inappropriate cookies are funny.
I also gave up on chocolate covered pretzels the first year, but Seth bought this expensive double broiler and refuses to stop making the things because his “family loves them”. They are super labor intensive and messy and I hate them so hopefully they get vetoed out this year for peppermint bark, which looks super easy.
Anyway last year I tried to sucker people into coming over and decorating for me and I’ve already started pimping it on facebook again this year. After Seth’s Nazi like frosting instructions last year, I’m pretty sure no one will be back.

So sleepy…
I can’t believe I made it to work today. I had myself totally talked into staying in bed this morning. But Seth had to get up and go back to work this morning (big meetings) and I knew he would need breakfast and coffee so I got up and by the time I had gotten moving I had begrudgingly decided to suck it up and go to work. But I’m practically falling asleep right now at my desk.
So I better do some real work.
Hope you all have a great day!

Love (for it to be March already!),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.