Thursday, December 3, 2009

The love of truth lies at the root of much humor.

Morning all! I hope at whatever time of day you are reading this, you are having a nice day. I think someone slipped me something this morning because for once, I’m not tired and I’m actually pretty chipper-AND I WOKE UP THIS WAY. What happened last night!?!?

And then there was death of the sneeze pees.
Actually last night was pretty miserable, which is why I’m shocked that I’m even here. I had an allergy attack, which I attribute to both work and home switching the heat on full bore. We need to replace our filter at home. But something was bothering the heck out of my nose last night. I was stuffed up and watery eyed and full of sneezes (great) until I took my nasal spray medicine, but then I was just sneeze and runny nosed, which doesn’t work well when you are trying to sleep. At midnight I got up to pee and then sneezed on the way back to bed and peed down my leg. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? I just left the friggin bathroom!! So I had to get into the shower, which helped because I stayed in there and steamed and tried to get whatever was pissing my nose off out. I blew snot rockets and sneeze peed freely (don’t worry I cleaned the shower afterwards). It really helped and I redid my nasal spray and tried to fall asleep as quickly as I could. When I woke up (or I guess Evie woke me up) at 2 and 3 to pee I didn’t have the nose tickles anymore so that was a relief.

Cleaning my DVR
First I watched SYTYCD, which was a little shocking, I never would have thought who went home for the guys went home. I totally called the bottom two girls though and who went home there. Of course the only person who heard me call it was Evie and the cats.
Then I watched Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC America which is MUCH better than the Fox version of the show. I fast forwarded thru a lot of it though, mostly the yelling parts. I just like the before and after.
Then I tried to watch Chef Academy on Bravo but I really didn’t like it so I deleted it from my list. It just didn’t click with me. I thought it was going to be a show about people like you and me who aren’t professional chefs learning how to cook from the world’s best chef (this French guy) and instead it’s a bunch of amateur sous chefs and caterers who have worked in kitchens for years and want to move up. Except for this one UBER annoying woman who is someone’s old trophy wife (she bragged about meeting kings and Presidents) and she has fake blond hair and spray tan and looks OLD and she complained about the fabric the chef jackets were made out and got pissed when the Chef told her that her lipstick was ruining her ability to flavor things. Bah. Over it.

Tonite
My husband’s work is threatening to eat him alive. I guess that’s what happens when you are gone for 6 days on vacation. We are supposed to go the grocery store tonite but I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have to go on my own, which sucks. It means I have to have one of the creepy sacker people (who are either old, foreign, or mental challenged, or a combo of that) take my cart out. And I never know if to tip them or not because when my brother was a sacker and Seth worked as a manager at Hyvee they were never allowed to take tips. But this is Bakers so I don’t know. Normally we have to wrestle the freaking carts from them so they don’t take it out. Seth has like had to get almost physical a few times with this one really crotchety old guy. And then he would follow us out anyway and pretend to be collecting parking lot carts and grumble at us under his breath. So yeah…looking forward to that. Plus my grocery list (since we didn’t go last week because of the holiday) is like a mile and a half long.

Evelynn’s blog
Evelynn is growing along. On Saturday she/we will be at 26 weeks. We have a doctor’s appointment on the 9th so that will be fun. I think for the first time I will go in without any major complaints. She’s been pretty quiet the last couple of days, which totally freaks me out from time to time, but her movements are getting more routine and poking her doesn’t cause her to kick back so much anymore.
Seth has a evil plan to have us join the Y near my parents house after she is born and take her to my parents for an hour so we can work out together like we used to. We will see how it goes; I’m predicting it will be a while before we can get to that point with her. I read in a parenting magazine last night that you really shouldn’t take a baby out until around 3 months when their immune system is nice and strong. Which is interesting considering Seth wants to have her baptism like forty five seconds after she is born. I’m ready for her to be here already. March seems forever away, as usual. But there is fun stuff coming up (baby showers) at the end of January and beginning of March so that will be nice.

Snow!
There were flurries on my way to work this morning! Nothing that was sticking of course, but snow none the less! Have I mentioned I love snow? Even more so when I don’t have to be out and about in it and can snuggle under duvets with my cats and Seth and now Evie. But it was pretty exciting to see that this morning and know that snow could be on the way.

Blogs and Gossip
Well I’d better catch up on my blogs and gossip sites. You all have a great day!!

Love (snow!),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I think you should check the gold box right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that show hadn't of taken a crap and died with regards to the plotline, I totally would have jumped at that.
    Plus I totally bought myself 45 dollars worth of Christmas presents on Amazon yesterday...whooops. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.