Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I can't understand it. I can't even understand the people who can understand it.

Hello blog world! We are late with the post today because I'm a slug. But hey! At least we got a post up-score one for the lazy people.

I've had a random thought...women can spend most of their lives in diaper like devices. I just recently noticed that my daughters diapers are made from those same gel absorption things as what is in my pads. I know they are the same because I cut giant pads in half and use them as breast milk explosion guards. They work because they stick to the inside of my shirt and they are super absorbent. Except in the cases when I'm particularly productive with the milk making and I soak them thru. Then all these little squares of gel come out of where I cut. When I was in the hospital recovering from giving birth, the nurses used to tear open the tops of diapers and fill them with ice and then it would fit to your sore lady bits perfectly. But once the ice started melting those little gel things came gushing out the tear. So same material. I would bet that depends are the same damn things too. But I read a hilarious book excerpt in my Parents magazine this month that speaks to the same concept, (you can read it here) about the awesomeness of diapers. Its from a book by Jay Mohr.

I read an inspirational blog post today at the blog http://www.mytworedshoes.com/ its about making things in your life, even your job, "value added" now she realized this when she had a baby and realized that doing a job that was taking up so much of her time and so much of her time from her baby should be value added. Even her hobbies and passions need to be that way. I think everyone can take something from this, even if you don't have a new baby. I think it's important to make sure everything in you life is bringing joy to it and not sucking the happiness from it.

So Seth agreed the other day that we won't be able to stay in this house much longer with Evelynn and two cats. Which gave me the green light to start looking. Then I fell in love with a house I want really bad. Then he told me he meant we could start looking at the first of the year. Then I wanted to scream, but he's right, there is way to much to do around here to get the house ready to be sold. The master bath needs to be redone, the trim needs to be finished, including painting the trim in our bathroom and bedroom. It makes me sad, but if I could move soon, I would move into this house. I think it's perfect for us. It would be even more perfect if it stayed on the market until the end of the year and then dropped in price.

I miss my Mom. We've gotten two quick emails from Ireland, but that's it. I hope she is having a good time.

I hope it rains today. Like starts raining now. Or I hope my brother mowed for my dad. Because if it does my Dad won't have to mow and then he can come over and set up the new mobile he got Evelynn and I can have him play with her while I get stuff done before Seth comes home tonite. Hopefully Seth can work from home tomorrow afternoon so we can go to the grocery store. I'm super pumped to watch the Grey's season finale! It's driving me crazy not knowing what is going to happen, because as we all know, I'm a spoiler whore.

Speaking of TV, its upfronts time in TV land which means I need to make my schedule for next fall. I don't think I will be taking on too many new shows this year, but it's nice to know where my shows are going to fall and if I'm going to have to cut some because of conflicts.
I thought you all might like to know what my DVR looks like this week, so you can be in awe of my gross television obsession.
Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, Law & Order, Dhani Tackles the Globe.
Tuesday: Glee, Parenthood, Law & Order: CI, 9 by Design
Wednesday: Criminal Minds, Law & Order: SVU, Top Chef Masters
Thursday: Tiny & Toya, Bones, Grey's Anatomy
Friday: Friday Night Lights, The Soup
Sunday: America the Story of Us, Kendra

And that isn't even the half of what I watch, most of them are on hiatus or the summer seasons are waiting to begin.

Alright I'm off to do a rain dance. Hope you all are having a good hump day!

Love (television),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would start talking about TV again, especially with the fall schedules coming out!

    Oh and if you need a realtor down the road, mine was really good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.