Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.

I should totally go to the grocery store right now. But I got deodorant all over my shirt and I don't want to change it. Plus I feel a little plus sized today and really don't want to put on pants.
Did you know there are different sizes of pacifiers? I didn't. Apparently my daughter has moved on to a smaller size and doesn't like the binx we got from the NICU anymore, the nipple is too long and she makes a gagging noise and spits it out when we give it to her. Luckily someone gave my mom some smaller sized ones. She likes that one a lot, God forbid if we lose it. Also, I bought her a bunch from Walmart before she was born, but apparently those are for 6 months or older because the nipple is super small on that. So, passing the life lesson on to you at home. And if you knew that already, well then bully to you.
It's crazy, but if you had told me I could sit and watch my daughter do nothing but drool for hours at a time, I would have laughed in your face, but I totally could. In fact, anymore I only like to watch TV when she is sleeping. In case I miss something cute. I also get this crazy idea in my head that I wish I could document everyday of her life in video, because I know I'm going to need to remember my unpolluted love for her when she sasses back at me the first time.
I was going to go on this whole diatribe about how the first emotion babies experience is joy and it's all they know for so long but then I realized that's wrong. The first emotion they probably feel is terror. That was a really really small hole she got shot out of.
I wonder if I will ever get over the guilt I feel about not being able to hold her and look at her first thing when she came out. Probably not.
Evelynn broke ten pounds yesterday! It only took her about three months to do it. Nurse Carol said she would be worried but Evelynn apparently is really long (almost 25 inches) and lean and developmentally ahead of schedule. Also she has consistently gained since she was born. Carol just says she will probably be long and lean. Some babies are.
Seth is almost done with grad school for the summer and I can't wait. Not that he won't be super busy with work all summer, but he won't be coming home at ten two nights a week.
So excitement starting this week, So You Think You Can Dance, a Carrie-on Baggage favorite show starts this week, and this season they are bringing back some of my favorite dancers! Hooray! Tune in and lets talk about it, it starts tomorrow on Fox.
I still haven't seen the new Dhani, but I can't wait, it sounds like another great episode.
I'm sad some shows are ending, like Castle, Parenthood, Chuck, ect. I'll miss them for the summer.
Burn Notice starts next week-wooo-hoo!
Ugh well I'd better go get the trash together to take out. Hope you all have a great day!

Love (big goofy baby smiles),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.