Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Hey ya blog readers!
It's Tuesday so we are waiting for Nurse Carol to show up. Hopefully Senorita Chunky Butt breaks ten pounds. I'm hopeful because she grew out of a bunch of stuff this week. And surprise! Uncle Jesse just showed up to mow the lawn. Hooray!
Did you all watch Dhani Tackles the Globe last night? We haven't gotten to it yet, but I can't wait. I watched Law and Order last night. It's all I really had time for. I spent most of the night at my parents picking spinach and watching Jesse play the new Prince of Persia game. My Dad rocked the baby so it was a really nice break. I like watching Jesse play video games. I wish I could convince him to come over here and do it.
So I have probably two pounds of spinach and no idea what to do with it besides make spinach dip. I'm currently hunting the net for recipes. Hopefully ones I can freeze. I started looking and came across a creamy grilled corn recipe that sounds way better, so maybe if Seth grills this weekend I will try that! http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com/2010/05/grilled-creamy-corn.html
This weekend we went to Zum Biergarten in Omaha again and they have their liquor license now! That means my Dad will go! Hopefully we can go for Father's Day or something. I finally have the perfect father's day gift for Seth. I'm going to have my parents watch the baby and take him to see a movie, with the free tickets we still have from before I got pregnant. That way it's his favorite thing, a gift that's free. And my Dad will love being able to watch the baby. Now I just need to find something perfect for my Dad, because he has been a really great Dad this year. How many Dad's do you know will watch their daughters give birth and sit in the NICU with your baby when you can't? Not many, I'll tell you that.
My daughter is currently crapping her pants, right before the nurse gets here, great. That will throw off her weight.
Saturday Seth's parents stopped by after cleaning Seth's brother's dorm room. Evelynn was in a terrible mood, as predicted. There was something wrong with her eye and it was her first experience with real Nebraska heat. I ended up taking her to her room and rocking her for almost two hours because she got so worked up. Seth's parents left a bit dejected I think.
This is Seth's last week of Masters class for the summer! I'm so excited! I would be more excited if he wasn't going out of town next week but what can you do?
Alright I need to change the Birdie's shorts before Nurse Carol comes!

Love (brother's who show up to do nice things unexpectedly),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. My in-laws always left dejected, and I would be rocking Brett for a while, but they were always right in his face, and he ALWAYS got way over-stimulated. It will get better eventually, I think both of mine got better about guests at around 8 months or so. I watched part of Dhani Tackles the Globe last night, and the rest of it is on my DVR. As a history major, I loved all of the background information and culture of the area. It was really interesting, I will have to DVR it when it is on til we leave for Germany. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden still is not a big fan of some of my in-laws. I think it's hard for adults to understand that if you see a baby once a month they don't remember you. Family or not, you are a stranger to them. We had several family members who when they would see him would rush to pick him up. You could just see it all over his tiny face, "Who is this crazy woman chasing me around the living room, and what does she want?!? PUT ME DOWN!! STRANGER DANGER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally used your stranger danger reference today!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.