Friday, May 28, 2010

Internets, meet my new love, Nero the Netbook

Yes I give inanimate things names, I blame Gilmore Girls. Yes I will probably teach the same wonderful habit to my daughter.
I am writing to you from my shiny new netbook, which I have named Nero.
Now I'm sure it does all sorts of super cool things, but my husband hogged it all last night, so I really can't tell you what yet. However I got skype to work on both of our machines last night and I'm pretty excited about that. Seth has a few business trips coming up and I didn't want him to miss important things in the life of Evelynn.
Like her persistent drooling. Man it's gross, especially when it is mixed with spit up. I really want to attach a sponge underneath her chin. Pretty sure Nurse Carol would beat me for that though.
She also has taken to snorting when she cries, which is hard not to laugh at.
She also cries when you aren't paying enough attention to her. Which is what she is doing right now, so I'm typing and not looking at the screen. I hope there aren't too many typos.
She also is becoming much more vocal, mimicking the noises we make. It's pretty fun and cute.
I can't wait until she starts mimicking the inappropriate songs I play for her all the time.
My Mom comes home tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it.
I finally watched Dhani and I loved it. My favorite part was when he was trying to toss the caber. I just watched him on NFL Live and he really is that educated and funny, even live.
The Criminal Minds season finale was a little meh. Tim Curry just isn't that scary of a dude to me. Plus, why didn't he kill Morgan? Not that I wanted him to, but come on, he killed everyone else with no remorse, why leave behind a new enemy?
I totally made fun of this new show on TLC called "Mall Cops" about the the mall cops at Mall of America on Facebook, and then I watched it and it was actually really interesting and kind of humorous. So foot meet mouth, indeed.
I have taught Evelynn the art of not wearing pants. Lately we both have just been sporting t-shirts on the days we know we aren't going to see anyone. Plus my friend Jenny M got her some really cute shirts that she looks adorable in with a diaper.
So remember when I was bragging about being back down to my pre pregnancy weight? Well yeah, I still am, but apparently my fat has redistributed itself in places because NONE of my pants fit. I found this out when I went to break into my summer wardrobe since we decided to go from winter to summer here in Nebraska. Sad news indeed.
Alright the lady of the house needs attention. Hope you all have a lovely holiday weekend!
Love (Nero),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Your hips may not go back to normal for another couple of months or not at all. I had to buy all new pants after Brett, my hips just never narrowed back down. After I had Krista though, they went back to normal, so then my pants were a little too big. Thank goodness for belts!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.