Monday, May 10, 2010

Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working.

Hello Blog World!
Happy belated Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there. I had the best first Mother's Day ever. First we were up late watching Avatar, so at 12:01 Seth gave me a pendant shaped like a child with Evelynn's birthstone, aquamarine. Then the next morning he made me white chocolate chip pancakes and brought them to me in bed. Yum. After that we laid around and wallowed in bed together as a family. Around four we ran to Target and then dropped the baby off at Mom and Dad's and went to eat dinner at the new German restaurant in Bellevue called Zum Biergarten. It seriously had a little old lady in the back cooking and it was AMAZING. It was hilarious, Seth and I were such goofballs feeding each other from our plates and exclaiming over all the food. Everyone around us must have thought we were nuts. But it was so nice. Then we picked up the baby and came home and watched the season premiere of Friday Night Lights. Seth did such a good job. What a great husband I have. He even changed diapers all day without me nagging!

Evelynn's portion of the show
I don't have to tell the Mom's out there how amazing it is that this little baby I made because a person more and more everyday. My new favorite things about her is how grumpy she is when you try to wake her up when she is sleeping. She grumbles and grunts and cries and buries her head, and sometimes she farts, it's hilarious. She has been sleeping more on her own in the bed with us, but not on top of me. So I can leave her in the bed and get up and do everything I need to and come back and wake her up to change her and feed her. She's getting more and more independent. It's too fast already! I tried to leave her in her crib while we went downstairs to watch Avatar and I lasted about forty minutes. I'm so going to be one of those Mom's that she has to say "Cut the cord Mom..." My other new favorite thing she does is her big smile and giggling. It's too cute. She is thisclose to starting babbling and talking. I can't wait.

Mother's Day resolution
So I've decided to do a Mother's Day resolution. It's like a resolution of what I want to do better. So what I'm going to try is to plan meals at the beginning of the week. We've been eating out a lot because I can't seem to do dinner on the fly. Sometimes if Seth gets home super late I just give up and tel him to pick something up. If I know in advance what I need to prepare, then shopping might be quicker and easier. And I can start cooking it earlier in the day and preparing the meat (which always takes the longest) then dinner can be ready when he gets home. And we will save money too, I think, by not eating out so much and not overbuying at the store. See sometimes I just buy lots of stuff and most of it goes to waste because I can't decide when I want to eat it or cook it. I'm hoping that if I plan it more, then I can cook more, which will make me happy. Evelynn has been able to sit by herself more and more and entertain herself a little more than she has in the past, as long as we are in the same room, she doesn't mind not clinging to me like a monkey baby. Plus two nights a week I don't have to make anything because Seth has class!

Auction
This weekend was my grandfather's estate auction. It was pretty much the most depressing thing I've been at. Basically everything in his house, his spices, vitamins, blankets, all that stuff was packed into boxes and sold for like a dollar or higher of bidding. When they got to his tools I totally lost it and started crying because that was like his life blood. So yeah, not a fan of estate auctions of people I know.

Product review
I came across these "Lilypads" silicone nursing covers. They basically look like giant sticky pads that cover your breast and form a airtight seal to keep your breast from leaking, like giant stickers for your nips. I was pretty excited about it, because they were reusable and I wouldn't have to cut up and stuff period pads in my bra. And this summer I could go strapless. Oh and swimming too according to the package. I wore them last night, and apparently they could not contain my copious flow. Ah well, it would have been nice...maybe I need industrial strength ones, with like industrial adhesive.

Well I'd better get to it, while the getting is good!

Love (rainy days),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.