Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.

Yay the internet works today-hooray! Now we are waiting for our weekly Nurse Carol appointment. I'm hoping my awesome milk, as Carol calls it, helps Evie break 10 pounds today. Fingers crossed everyone!

My Mom made it to Ireland, finally, she was stuck in Chicago for two days. Don't feel too sorry for her though, the airline put her up in a Hilton and she got massages and mani-pedi's. She said that if they had to wait one more day they were scraping their European vacation and going to Jamaica. At first I was like, um, you didn't even pack shorts, but then I realized in Jamaica you probably just need a swimsuit. If I were her I would have went to Brazil or something. If I was on my dream vacation that someone else was paying for.

Seth and I have tentatively started looking at real estate. Seth finally accepted that we have already outgrown this house and by the time Evie is walking we will be in hella trouble. He used to say we could put two kids in the spare room, but both he and I are starting to feel the weight of Evie's baby stuff crushing us these days. I haven't even seen the basement since before she was born because that is where everything went that baby stuff replaced. In theory we were supposed to store it in the storage room or the shed but that is a monster in itself at the moment. So anyway we started looking. I forgot how lamesauce looking for real estate is. And I remembered what a horrible agent we had last time and how I had to do all the work. We want about 1800 or more square feet this time, three or more bedroom, and two or more baths, and we want to be in Sarpy County, close as possible to Seth's work. And we'd like that all for 150,000 or under, which is a pipe dream at best. What I really want is to live in my Mom's neighborhood because that would help me out, the houses are gorgeous, and it's a closed street so I know Evie would be safe to play around there, plus you get a lot of land with the houses. But we don't have THAT much money for a house! Selling this house is going to be such a bitch though because we have a ton of projects in limbo that need to be finished or started to up the value of the house enough to get what we want out of it. So anyway, hopefully by the time Seth finds out if we are staying in Omaha for a long time (next January) we can be prepared to look at houses, for now we are just looking to make sure we don't miss the deal of a lifetime. Another nice thing about looking this early-if their are bank owned homes or short sales, those usually take forever to close, and we have that time. Plus we have a bonus of being able to live with my parents for a short time (they are like across the street from Seth's work) if we sale the house before we buy.

I secretly think I would be an awesome real estate agent. Maybe when my kids get older that will be a profession I look into. I know a lot about houses, I've lived in over 10 of them, and thanks to my Dad I know what work would need to be done in a house. But I know that those tests are hellish and you have to do a lot of studying and it's a lot of off hours.

It looks like it's going to start to get hot and sticky around here and not in a fun sexy way. I bleeping hate summer. So bad. I hate being hot and sweaty and sticky. Blech. At least now I have an excuse to get Seth to turn the air on. The baby and all.

Looks like a weekend with the in-laws coming up. Which kind of makes me sad because we had nothing on the schedule and the fly by the seat of your pants thing was so relaxing last weekend. Seth's parents want to come up Saturday afternoon and Seth's brother wants to come up Saturday night. Hopefully Evelynn has enough patience in her for both of them. She usually doesn't. She usually only does well with one set of visitors in a day. But we will see, maybe she will have enough time in between them to get a good nap.

Seth is still obsessed with having a garden this year even though we are grossly behind the planting schedule. He wants to go get tomato plants after he gets off work. Ugh. I might be more into it if he would let me get that upside down tomato planter thing. And then I wouldn't have to deal with weeds and bug gross and rotten tomatoes and climbing over his non effective rabbit fence.

My Dad bought Evelynn a new mobile that is supposed to make her more engaged. I'm hoping he brings it over tomorrow and assembles it for her because man-oh-man baby stuff is hard to assemble. I'm secretly hoping she loves it so much that she will want to lay on her back in her crib and then eventually feel comfortable enough to fall asleep there. I don't think she will last the summer sleeping with us because she will wake up complaining if she is hot and it will be super hot this summer and her father is a butane heater in bed. Co-sleeping is going well though. She will sleep as long as we let her. As long as around 7 she gets a diaper change and some food. She usually falls back asleep for a good while after that. We really lucked out, she is such a good sleeper. I credit co-sleeping. My touchpoints book says that is because when she sleeps with us she syncs herself to our breathing patterns and our heartbeats and our temperature, so she sleeps like an adult and not like a baby. Plus if she wakes up she is instantly comforted that we are there. My touchpoints book also says that this will create MAJOR problems later on with her never wanting to sleep by herself. I think I'll just get a bigger bed. Apparently co-sleeping is common in most cultures, just not the US. So if every other kid in the world can handle it, we can. I've always thought of myself as more worldly anyway. The book does say that most other cultures kick the kid out when a new kid comes along, but not until then.

Alright Carol is here! Hope you all are having a great week!

Love (sleeping babies),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.