Friday, February 19, 2010

The best way out is always through.

Hi blog world!
For a day that I really wasn’t feeling like getting out of bed, it is turning out to be a very pleasant day, even with snow falling.

This morning
This morning I went in for my PT appointment and low and behold I finally, for the first time ever, had my pelvis in line. I was so excited, so was Kelly my PT. Like I said, that never has happened before, but Kelly said it might have been because Evelynn has finally centered up and is getting ready to leave. (Yay!)
Kelly also recommended a pediatrician for us, since apparently we are supposed to have one of those lined up and ready to go. So Seth is supposed to call and try to schedule us an interview and see if the doctor will take us on and if he is covered by our insurance.
Did I mention I have the greatest PT ever? In case you may have forgotten, I seriously do.
So then after I left there and tediously drove to work (SNOW! I drove in SNOW! And almost died!) I got in and checked my messages and of course I was randomly selected for a drug test. So I had to waddle over to the other building and pee in a cup. The lady was super nice and laughed at all my jokes about being a pro at peeing in a cup.
Then I went upstairs to say hi to my old friends in the other section I worked in here. They are throwing me a shower today so it was just funny that I was over there because I never get a chance to get over there anymore. Some of them couldn’t make the shower so they gave me their gifts. My very old friend whom I call Papa Smurf and he calls me Smurfette (because I was the only girl in group of guys when we worked together) he gave Evelynn the cutest little Husker Cheerleader uniforms. He got them in bigger sizes so they would be perfect for football season. I seriously almost cried. They are so sweet.
Then I waddled back over here just in time for lunch!

Husband better be busy today!
I made Seth a two page list of things he can do today since he has the day off. So far I’m pretty sure he’s done none of it. He is getting ready to drive to Columbus now to pick up the armoire since it is snowing. Hopefully on his way out of town he stops at Target and gets my prescriptions before they reshelf them.
I’m grateful to get the armoire back because my Mom is coming over tomorrow to help me get the room in order and pack my hospital bag. But first we have to get the main storage piece in the room!

The rest of the weekend
Seth is going to work on homework and Sunday we are having a dinner for my grandma at my parents house for her birthday. I wanted to try and squeeze in dinner with Pam and Jason, but I don’t know if we are going to get to that. I didn’t expect to be so overwhelmed by the fact that my baby is coming and I’m totally not ready. My MIL says I am more ready than she was, but my MIL isn’t a crazy person like I am. She didn’t even have a stroller because they would have been impossible to use on the farm. If she had only known what a pain in the ass and how time consuming it really is to get a stroller put together! Then she would understand my crazy.

Congrats!
My dear friend (and resident) from college, Jana and her husband who is also a friend from college Bobby had their first baby yesterday, and it’s a girl! So congrats to them! I’m so excited she went before I did, I mean she was due before me, but I was worried I would go before her, she hardly looked pregnant! I can’t wait for our daughters to meet!

A little secret
I keep meaning to share something with you guys, and take it with a grain of salt because I haven’t completed my pregnancy yet, so I can’t totally attest to this method working, but from the moment I found out I was pregnant, I have been using tons of lotion on my belly and breasts to try and ward off stretch marks. So far so good. But my super secret method includes, right after I get out of the shower, slathering on one of those “hydrofirming” or “elastic returning” face lotions. Now luckily for me I have a ton of these left over from my grandma who is an Avon lady. When I had super bad acne (until I used Mary Kay (which my mother sells, huge rivalry!) I tried a bunch of different kinds of moisturizers. So I had tons of these under the sink waiting to be used. I imagine in real life this can be very expensive, but let me say, so far it has worked. I’ll update you further after Evie’s is born!!

Have a great weekend!
Okay everyone! I’d better get to work! I have a busy afternoon! Talk to you Monday and hopefully post some pictures over the weekend of the completed bedroom!!

Love (for these last days to fly by),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.