Friday, February 26, 2010

One of the most obvious facts about grownups to a child is that they have forgotten what it is like to be a child.

Hi blog world.
I couldn't get my fever to break last night and since my work has the fever free for 24 hour rule, I couldn't go back to work. I woke up with a really sore throat and some congestion, but so far not as bad as I have been. So that's good.

Sad
18 years ago, my parents took my brother and I to pick out a kitten from some people. One of them was hiding under a bathroom cabinet and the lady took a plunger and whacked around until the kitten came out. It had a broken little bob tail. We took that cat. My dad named her Bridget, and she was a pretty Siamese. She has always been my Dad or my brother's cat. She hadn't much use for us females. In Arizona she had a litter of kittens, one that was born with a beak and lived about an hour. She didn't really get along with any of the other cats that we brought home. She was more traveled than my husband. She lived around the States and in Europe with us. She could always be counted on, if you were sick, to snuggle up next to you and never leave your side until you were better. My Dad says the only reason he survived his pneumonia was because of her. She nursed my mom thru her recent surgery. This morning my Dad had to put her down because she had kidney failure. It was terrible and I feel so bad for him, but I know she is in a better more peaceful place and she lived a very good life. I just wish losing her didn't hurt so bad. Thoughts and prayers are much appreciated for my parents. If I thought my mother wouldn't kill me, I would get them another kitten, but my mother would literally disown me. Only my brother can get away with stuff like that.

Video from the pediatrician
Last night we watched a video that our pediatrician had put in our bag of free junk. It was a video put out by Carnation and it talked all about the first days home with the baby. It went over basically everything that our Child birth class should of. It was really good and we actually learned a lot. Like about giving sponge bath's and bottle care. I was pretty impressed with it for free DVD. It got us pretty excited. Although we have been excited since we hit week 37. I'm so ready for her to be here even though I know life is going to be grueling and change. I read someone in a baby magazine compare it to a very dark time in their life, which seemed overwhelmingly sad to me. But anyway the point about this is to tell you the video was awesome and not at all a giant plug for Carnation formula, in fact their section on breastfeeding was super educational.

This weekend
This weekend I'm going to continue to rest as much as I can. We might go out to dinner with my parents tonite, we are waiting to hear back from them on that. We have to see how my Dad feels. Hopefully we get a chance to see Pam and Jason even if it's just hanging out later tonite. Tomorrow Seth needs to go get his tux for Ty and Holly's wedding and we need to go to the grocery store. Then Seth's parents will be here to visit me in the afternoon sometime. Sunday will definitely be a day of rest since I plan on going to work everyday next week. Well everyday unless Evie decides to show up.

Even though I've been sick
The little week off work break has been nice, but I think only because I've spent it with Seth. It was almost like the "babymoon" all the magazines say you should take, except we spent the majority of it sleeping and feeling miserable. But today I went thru and organized some more stuff in Evelynn's room and vacuumed and opened it up so the cats could jack around in there like they do. So it was nice.

Ugh!
I missed my PT appointment this morning which makes me sad. I thought it was this afternoon for some reason. My PT called me to make sure I was okay, I was but I hardly had a voice and was totally out of it when she called. Oh well, I'll make sure to be extra nice to her next week.

Okey-dokey
That does it for my random thoughts today! I'm going to cruise around the net until the laptop battery dies and see what I have been missing! Have a great weekend all!

Love (feeling better),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.