Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe.

Hi blog friends. I have an exciting announcement-okay it’s not really that exciting, I made it to work, that’s about as exciting as it gets, which is exciting for me, but probably not so much for you.

Oh say he’s in DC
I drove Seth to the airport yesterday morning at 4 am. It was terrible out. There was blowing snow and ice and general scariness. The roads around this area have been super awful as of late, so I haven’t been risking it. Seth drove to the airport and I was supposed to drive to work from there but the roads were so nerve racking I just drove home and stayed there all day. The stress caused me to get a giant cold sore on my bottom lip. It is so big it looks like Seth punched me in the lip instead of kissing me goodbye. I’ve been dealing with cold sore issues since the 6th grade, and surprisingly, I still haven’t gotten over the embarrassment of having one. Even in this day and age there is a huge stigmata attached to having a cold sore on your lip. No matter how many times I explain it’s the genetic A version of herpes, not the STD version, people still got jokes. And they still hurt, even though I’m sure I’ve heard them since the sixth grade. I take valtrex and use abreva and they usually go away in a day or so, and usually I only get them if I’m uber stressed out or have an anxiety attack, as I did yesterday. So yeah…another reason I stayed in my bed.
I really miss Seth, I feel like I haven’t seen him in forever since he spent the weekend in Columbus and then we had about 12 hours together before he left for DC. He’s trying to get all of his travel in that his company wants him to do before the baby comes, and we are running out of time. Literally, this Saturday I will be full term. Yikes!
It’s funny, even though he’s gone, the cats refuse to sleep on his side of the bed, they still snuggle up and squish me and push me to the edge of the bed. I’m glad they are there, but seriously could Mama get an inch?
Seth gets back tonite super late, so I probably won’t be into work tomorrow. Plus I have the beginning of my weekly doctor’s appointments tomorrow, but we will see how I feel, it’s a later appointment so maybe I’ll come in for a little bit.

So at 5 am this morning
I woke up because it felt like I had to take a giant dump so bad, except I knew I didn’t. I knew it was a contraction. And it was so strange, it made me break out in goosebumps and start sweating. My whole lower abdomen and back just cramped. I tried changing positions and it didn’t go away. It lasted about 3-5 minutes I think…I’m not sure. I waited an hour for it to happen again, but it didn’t so I came into work. When I got to work and did my morning ritual of peeing as soon as I got here, my wipe included what looked to be a handful of yellow snot. Pretty sure that was my mucus plug. Good thing we are going to the doctor tomorrow so she can tell me what the hell is going on. I swear though, if I start going into labor at work while Seth is in DC, I’m going to probably lose my marbles. I’m also feeling super nauseous, but what’s new there? It’s probably just nerves, because I am getting pretty nervous.

Valentine’s Day
We had a low key Valentine’s Day. Seth came home late Saturday night from Columbus to surprise me. I was so happy. He brought me roses and popsicles and Taco John’s. But I had just spent the hours before barfing up my dinner that I ate at 6 so I didn’t eat the Taco’s until Valentine’s day for lunch. It was horrible, I hit the heave so hard it came out of my damn nose. So I was trying to brush my teeth when I thought I was done and accidently gagged myself and threw up in the sink. Of course, Willow happened to be in the sink playing with the water coming out of the faucet at the time so I threw up all over here, which spooked her and she ran away. Then I had to chase her, 9 months pregnant and naked thru the house trying to stop her from getting vomit everywhere. I locked her in the shower and then hosed her off, she hated me for like two days because of it. So needless to say, I was pretty relieved when Seth showed up, although he scared the crap out of me because I was laying in bed, naked (Okay when I’m pukey I don’t like to get dressed in case I accidently puke on myself or in my hair so I can jump in the shower quick and wash it off instead of getting in and out of clothes and dirtying clothes) and the garage door starts to go up and I’m like WTF?!?! I was trying to figure out how to escape from robbers when my husband walked in the garage door and said “Surprise”. I cried because I was scared and glad he was home all in the same emotion.
So then he ate dinner and I snuggled with him. We slept in on Sunday and then went and took back some baby stuff we ordered to Target. We got some gift cards for Target too, so we went ahead and spent those getting a swing. It was really the last big item we needed. Then on our way home my mom called and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner. I really didn’t want to go out because we had to go to bed early and Seth still hadn’t packed for DC and I knew any Valentine’s Day dinner out would take a while because it was going to be busy. So we headed over there. Plus my mom had the last of my baby clothes that I had her wash and I was dying to show Seth the cute stuff I got Friday. So we went over there and had a great meal (as usual) and then went home and packed and went to bed. Thus was my Valentine’s Day. My last one as a not Mommy.

Friday
Friday was nice because my brother came over around 6 after he got done at the gym and I got done at work. We ran a bunch of erroneous errands that I needed to get done. Like getting my 6 month ring check up at Zales and finishing off our layette for Evelynn. I tried to get mostly gender neutral stuff which included ducks, barnyard animals, and the color yellow. They were still pretty cute. I also got her “going home outfit” which looks so tiny, I hope she fits into it. And I finally got some pacifiers and a pacifier clip, which everyone said we needed.
Then Jesse and I went and ate at Zemog’s, the third time that week for me and the second night in a row. Seriously, I’m obsessed with the place.
Then we went back to the house and Jesse stayed until I started feeling tired and ready for bed. He played Prince of Persia for me on playstation 3 and he was so good at it, it was unreal. He got further in 2 hours than Seth and I got in a month of playing.

Saturday
I don’t really remember what I did Saturday besides barf a lot. I probably just laid in bed and watched TV.

Armoire
So here’s an inprogress picture of the armoire, which is in the process of being stained and varnished by Seth’s mom. She even had special matching paint made for the inside of the armoire! Hopefully it will be done by Friday, that’s when Seth Dad says he will bring it back to us, and then I can put all her cute tiny clothes in it!
Here is what we started with:

And here is where it's at now:



Until tomorrow
Okay folks, I’d better catch up on stuff, since I won’t be here tomorrow probably. I’ll keep you updated on what’s going on with my who-ha.

Love (to make childbirth as childish as possible),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.